Sign in to follow this  
nelsly

ASN giving what seems wrong vis

When ASN says vis is 10sm is that like a default distance??. It seem I can't get a viv greater than that in ASN. Also there seems to be a haze layer that I can't get rid of. Something just doesn't seem right. Anyone else????

Cheers

Nels

Hi,

the actual current visibility is shown in the debug window (in SM). What is your max surface visibility option set to?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi, it' set to default 75. BTW it always says 10 sm unless the vis is lower. Is this right???

Nels

For example right now in London Ontario cyxu the metar is reporting 15 sm and the visability screen is saying 10 sm. Something is very wrong here I think. Although it is reporting showers.

Nelson

Hi.

"10SM" or "9999" are the metar definitions for unlimited visibility. Since unlimited visibility is not always realistic, you have to actually see the debug window and check for "vis" there (as I already suggested) to see what ASN injects. Have you done that?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Thanks but where is the debug window. I'm just not sure what you are talking about

Nels

On the GUI, click on "Tools" (next-to-last button at the top right) and select "View Debug Window"

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png