Sign in to follow this  
IncreaseVS

CAT3 Landing in Heavy Crosswinds?

I have been trying this, but I have blown of course of the runway with heavy crosswinds without the Autopilot correcting this and I end up to the side of the runway. Am I doing something wrong?

Cat III would normally be done in still air (i.e) fog. The auto-land in most aircraft can't cope with really heavy crosswinds, this is when the pilot earns his $$$...

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I believe regulations stipulate 10 kts max crosswind in Cat III Autolands. Of course you can do whatever you want in the sim :P, but IRL the aircraft isn't meant to handle that. Besides, foggy conditions that necessitate Cat III only really exist in extremely light to nonexistent winds. Wind will blow away/dissipate fog.