Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

Q400 and VAFS

I've been over on the VAFS forums, and the conclusion is some yes and some no. Does anyone from Majestic have a workaround which consistently works to use this plane with the software. VAFS cannot detect the engine start which I believe has to do with the external FDE. 

This is the only issue which is stopping me from purchasing the plane. 

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Correct, start your engines as you normally would in the Q400. When you are set and ready to taxi, press CTL-E and wait a few seconds, vafs will go though a pseudo engine start process. When it finishes, you are good to go

Sent from my Mobile thing

@Tom,

I have posted in several other posts expressing the same concern - "Completion of the PRO version is still remains priority and VAFS will more than likely not be looked at as an immediate concern.  It would be fair at this moment to say that until we are satisfied with the functionality of the Q400 and its performance/operation with the more critical utilities".

There have been a few work-arounds which have been shared in several posts regarding VAFS, I hope that one/some prove beneficial to your operation until we get around to looking at it, if our FDM will allow it, bearing in mind if it alters the functionality of the MJC Q400 "it will not be addressed"

Cheers
Simeon

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for the responses, it seems the majority have had luck with the Ctrl+E trick. This is good news.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."