Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Pro Flight Emulator?

I've only used RC4 but I figured I might as well give this program a try. Is this a free program or do you need to buy it from somewhere? 

Also is there any difference between RC4 and PFE? Like anything that PFE does that RC4 doesn't or vice versa? 

It's payware. Seems to be withdrawn by the publisher Aerosoft, as I can't find it anymore neither in the Aerosoft shop nor at simMarket.

Aerosoft used to publish the manual, so you could read before you buy. Do take a look at their manuals here at the developer's site (http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/).

Even though it's a very powerful program, a number of people have had issues with the complex user interface and the number of steps you have to make before every flight in order to set up PFE for a specific flight.

Dave March posted this today :

PFE will be available within the next week direct from our website...

This will be version 2.15 and there will then be an update shortly after for those currently running 2.14

• Upvote 2

That is fantastic news Patrick.

Can you give us any info on 2.15

This will be version 2.15 and there will then be an update shortly after for those currently running 2.14

Nice ! Thanks !

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I have both, back to using rc4 tho, PFE has the best voices and has taxi instructions, but it is clunky to operate at first. Over all rc4 seems to have more options and they are easier to use. Would like to know if 2.15 will bring ant improvements.

That is fantastic news Patrick.

Can you give us any info on 2.15

Only some minor bug fixes... the main one being if you request a different altitude during your flight you could lose atc completely

Do not install this update yet. It causes PFE to crash after a few seconds. I am sure it is being worked on.

Too late: Wish I had not updated now. When I go to option #1 then back to main page, PFE shuts down

Have e mailed Dave to let him know with a start up log

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Same for me, crash after a few seconds...but surely a fix will come soon ;-)

@oli4740

This is from the pdf Inside PFE help folder

14th April 2014
Version 2.15.0
• FIXED erroneous calls to 'climb' during oceanic procedures.
• FIXED a problem that could result in two flights being logged to the same
debug log
• FIXED a problem where ATIS frequency could clash with a control facility
• FIXED a problem where PFE did not always capture FS COM Frequencies
correctly
• FIXED a problem where after requesting a new altitude you would lose
ATC
• FIXED a problem that could occur with Oceanic procedures where the
SelCal tone fails
• FIXED a problem with debug logs being appended
• FIXED a problem where PFE didn't handle ICAO codes with less than four
characters

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Just received an e mail from Dave, he is working on it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.