Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Picker

Refueling

Hello dear pilots,

Is there any product that we can use to refuel the aircraft on the ground? Going throught  the fsx menus isn´t the good. Any ideias?

Arthur Picker

This being the Hanger Talk forum it's not a certainty which simulator you're using, thus any available add-ons would vary. In many versions of the Microsoft flight simulator if you want a 100% fuel load just stop your plane in front of the fuel pump (in some versions in an area marked with a yellow square)

Have you tried GSX which has a menu option to call for a fuel truck which is actually seen arriving at the aircraft but that is only a visual thing. You do not see any numbers, etc of fuel being pumped aboard, or were you looking at a particular piece of add-on like Reik has linked you to?

Thanks, it looks good nice. 

Airbus stile :-)

Arthur

Glad I could help. Can you please let me know how you like it. I might get it.

Reik Namreg

This being the Hanger Talk forum it's not a certainty which simulator you're using, thus any available add-ons would vary. In many versions of the Microsoft flight simulator if you want a 100% fuel load just stop your plane in front of the fuel pump (in some versions in an area marked with a yellow square)

I presumed he meant FSX since he said the following:

Going throught  the fsx menus isn´t the good.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Have you tried GSX which has a menu option to call for a fuel truck which is actually seen arriving at the aircraft but that is only a visual thing. You do not see any numbers, etc of fuel being pumped aboard, or were you looking at a particular piece of add-on like Reik has linked you to?

Well, the way GSX works is it sends the fuel truck, and once the fuel truck arrives, it just pulls up the default FSX fuel loader. That's basically it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

OK, I missed the "x" in "fsx", but since I never bought that version I haven't looked into what utilities work with that version. Does FSX retain the automatic full tanks function when the plane stops in close proximity to the pump? If so wouldn't that make GSX merely automated scenery depicting a truck pulling up?

To me using the menu and fuel pop-up is usually pretty easy. I keep the mouse and keyboard handy anyway for tasks like operating the navigation radios, operating the GPS and control functions like auto-throttle, thrust reverser deployment and spoilers.

Well, the way GSX works is it sends the fuel truck, and once the fuel truck arrives, it just pulls up the default FSX fuel loader. That's basically i

Yes, I'm fully aware of that which is why I qualified my suggestion by informing the OP that in he could also opt for the much more involving Reik's link.

OK, I missed the "x" in "fsx", but since I never bought that version I haven't looked into what utilities work with that version. Does FSX retain the automatic full tanks function when the plane stops in close proximity to the pump? If so wouldn't that make GSX merely automated scenery depicting a truck pulling up?

Believe so, but you don't actually have to be near a fuel pump to refuel when you use GSX. When you're at a gate, you just call the truck over, and when it shows up, you enter the amount of fuel.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that which is why I qualified my suggestion by informing the OP that in he could also opt for the much more involving Reik's link.

Sure. I was just clarifying in the event that Arthur wasn't aware what GSX actually does. Whether it's what he's looking for, I have no idea.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.