Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Sweet FX - DX10

Can someone let me know if they are using SweetFX with Dx10 and multiple monitors?  I use the PMDG 777, the FMC/EICAS etc run on a separate screen.

Cheers

Rob Prest

I have not seen or heard of anyone getting SweetFX to work in DX10 with multiple monitors.  Here are a couple of posts I found relevant to your question though -

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423492-suggestion-not-to-use-sweetfx-with-dx10/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389455-have-any-of-you-tried-this-sweetfx/page-12

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the help Jim.  No big deal, am very happy with how things are running.  Just saw a few screenshots so thought I would investigate.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Just a reminder. That old thread of mine is partially misleading because quite some time later, I posted a fix for achieving perfect DX10 with SFX.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427579-discovered-fix-for-dx10-sfx-smaa-disable-problem/

As for SFX not working properly with multi-monitor. That's a completely different issue. If I had a multi-monitor setup, I could investigate why. :(

Well SFX does work with multi monitors.  You have to untick AA in FSX, so that's not a good solution for DX10.

Will have a read of your post.

Regards

Rob Prest

I don't see the reason why it'd not work. It works (MM) in many other games just fine. What kind of message do you get when AA is ticked? or a simple CTD? Hmm... not sure if it'd work. But you can leave it unticked and try to add 4x MSAA via Inspector. See if that fixes the AA. If so, then problem solved. I can actually try this myself tomorrow (confirming whether MSAA through NI, instead of FSX.CFG, works or not).

When sweet first came out... about a couple versions in i'd say, I had it working with two monitors just fine... for reasons I'm not smart enough to understand, I played around with settings then BOOM... its stopped working... and was never able to get it to work again.

The issue with MM, FPS with sweet drops to like 3 to 8 FPS!

But I do swear to the heavens that I had it working with two Mons. I wish to heck I knew how I got it to work... but there you have it.

If the smart fokes can get it to work with MM, it would be very appreciated, as the effects is really fantastic in combination with shade.

I don't see the reason why it'd not work. It works (MM) in many other games just fine. What kind of message do you get when AA is ticked? or a simple CTD? Hmm... not sure if it'd work. But you can leave it unticked and try to add 4x MSAA via Inspector. See if that fixes the AA. If so, then problem solved. I can actually try this myself tomorrow (confirming whether MSAA through NI, instead of FSX.CFG, works or not).

I haven't actually tried SFX.  My comment on AA being unticked is from reading other posts on this forum.

Regards

Rob Prest