Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

GSX support ! where I can found !

This user is sadly mistaken.

First, we haven't received any forum registration request from someone with that nickname or service to block spammers so, it's POSSIBLE that his registration might have been blocked by that service, which runs as a forum plugin, but of course it's obviously always possible to contact us by email. That service is not 100% flawless, but of course, the couple of times that it blocked a legit user instead of a spammer, the affected user usually contacted us by email, asking why the forum rejected his registration.

He contacted us, but hasn't said anyhing about problems with the forum registration, he simply indicated his problem, which was just ONE issue, not "a large amount of problems with the program", as he's writing here.

And I've obviously replied to him. Note that he said he uses Windows 8.1 and, while reminding him that we only support (and indicate it as a supported OS in the system requirements) Windows 7, since his problem was that GSX didn't keep his activation, I initially told him it might be a permissions problem specific to Windows 8.1, so I suggested him to try running Couatl.exe "As Administrator"

He replied that he read about the fix and tried it, but it didn't "always" worked, according to his own report, the activation stayed, but not always on the next FSX restart.

To that, I've replied that we don't test our products under Windows 8, but the only likely cause for that issue was some kind or permission issue, so perhaps he didn't applied the setting permanently.

His last message was:

"I fix the problem my self, i fix it my self ,ur fixes not resolve anything unfortunately, and everything is operate and work very good right now"

To that, I've replied asking HOW he fixed it, because it would be helpful to other users that might have the same problem with Windows 8.

He hasn't replied to this, but instead decided to post the elusive solution "for AVSIM ONLY", as if we didn't "want" to fix it for some reason, which is clearly not the case, it's just that none of us uses Windows 8, which is why is not officially supported, but we know that some our users do and I tried to offer a possible solution.

After his report, we might discuss if it's something that was related or needed to be changed in the software or the installer, and in that case we'll surely act, or it was just something in HIS SETTINGS, so it wasn't supposed to be fixed by us in any case.

Hey hey, dont say u sent and asking about how I fix the problem, thats 100% does not occur (at least to this moment) & its a big mistake to say something not occur, u need to say what happen between us without addition of anything.

Firstly , if u have a patience (just for 2 or 3 hours) I was send the fix to ur support directly because ur forum DOES NOT ACCEPT MY REGISTRATION WHICH IS (ZAmil517) and I know what I say, ur support forum does not accept my registration and to be onest ( I try to register in ur support forum in the last year about 3 times and I got the same thing from you ).

Secondly i dont need to talking in my secrets about why i did'nt sent the fix to u immediately but because u post here I need to say something, if u really need to be a good support to ur customers, once u read my massege I sent (I fix the problem my self) u should sent an any response to me about how I fix the problem if u really like u say above u need to give a help and good support to ur win 8 customers. but that's not occur.

Anyway i will send the fix to ur direct support, but sorry, i say AVSIM ONLY because each person here have an open chest to everyone, everywhere, and any problem in any software. Thats why i say AVSIM ONLY because i need give something really good to this amazing family like i say before, now and in the future.

I dont think I was mistaken in anything,

Thx

Zoho30

Oh, the lament that the art of the written prose has descended to text-speak.

Hey hey, dont say u sent and asking about how I fix the problem, thats 100% does not occur (at least to this moment) & its a big mistake to say something not occur, u need to say what happen between us without addition of anything.

I think I need a translator for this sentence. An online one will probably crash...

I was send the fix to ur support directly because ur forum DOES NOT ACCEPT MY REGISTRATION WHICH IS (ZAmil517) and I know what I say, ur support forum does not accept my registration and to be onest ( I try to register in ur support forum in the last year about 3 times and I got the same thing from you ).

As I've said, we don't have any user registered with that handle, so it's likely your registration have been rejected by a 3rd service we use on the forum to stop spammers.

Of course, the forum won't just reject your registration: it will also give you a clear message about WHY, which is how most users that think they have been rejected by mistake, report us by email about the issue. Why you haven't said anything about this in your email ?

Anyway i will send the fix to ur direct support, but sorry, i say AVSIM ONLY because each person here have an open chest to everyone, everywhere, and any problem in any software. Thats why i say AVSIM ONLY because i need give something really good to this amazing family like i say before, now and in the future.

Ok, you probably realized you were wrong, and decided to sent the magical "fix" by email. Let's see what the "fix" was, from your own email:

here is the fix :

Go to FSX shortcut------>Compatibility----->then uncheck RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR.

U need to copying the UIAutomotionCore.dll of win 8 to avoid any (CTD) problem.

The "Compatibility mode" should NOT be enabled for FSX, not in Windows 8 and not even in Windows 7. This is NOT how FSX gets installed by default, YOU enabled it for some reason so, by unchecking that option, you simply reverted your action, and restored FSX in the same state as it was installed!

This issue is very well known, and we always suggest to turn off any Compatibility mode, even in Windows 7, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6573.msg56890.html#msg56890

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5937.msg52846.html#msg52846

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8694.msg70560.html#msg70560

The UIAutomotionCore.dll issue, doesn't have anything to do with GSX too, the one you overwrote came with FSX itself so, you would have exactly the same problems with or without GSX.

I dont think I was mistaken in anything

You were mistaken in *everything*.

None of your problems were caused by GSX, which was instead affected by your own decision to turn on Compatibility mode for FSX, which is not a default setting, and you "fixed" simply reverting back FSX to the default installation status, a very well known suggestion which has been given many times on our forum.

Hi all,

Found a fix that got my GSX activated on windows 8.1 64 bit.

Firstly make sure that FSX is De-Activated in the addon manager. If you can't deactivate it then click the reinstall button and enter your serial key when promted. Try deactivating again should work.

After deactivated restart flight simulator x and start a new flight. Go into the addon manager and activate GSX, once completed exit the addon manager. It will still show the demo airports in the GSX menu (that's ok this is normal!) now in the add ons tab in the top menu bar and in the GSX tab, click "restart coutal"

After about 15 seconds Coutal should have restarted and your GSX menu should now allow you to warp to a parking space and request ground services.

Worked for me after hours of fiddling today!

Also I have restarted fsx and my computer many times and GSX functions properly without having to repeat this method.

Hope this helps!

Any questions I would be happy to answer!

Hi all,

Sorry I forgot to add that you have to run coutal as administrator in the applications compability settings. Make sure you also have UAC (User Account Control) off so it doesn't mess with your sim.

Hope this helps!

you have to run coutal as administrator in the applications compability settings.

No, you never need to do this.

No, you never need to do this.

Just sharing what worked for me because from what I am hearing there are heaps of people with GSX activation problems on the Windows 8 platform.