Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How well is P3D handling more complex aircraft?

I've been sitting on the sidelines (weird...right?) watching all the excellent vids and pics coming out of P3D.  What airplanes are you folks flying and how's it handling it?  I am interested in flying the RealAir Dukes and, perhaps, the Carenado C337 in it. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

While not the same meaning of "complexity" has I think you mean, P3D handles the Q400 remarkably well, and really gives a whole new level of realism. All loadouts from the external manager appear and load correctly.

However, I seem to recall someone was having difficulties with the Duke? If the master compatibility list is still correct anyways. But I can tell you from personal experience the 337 works well on my system.

While not the same meaning of "complexity" has I think you mean, P3D handles the Q400 remarkably well, and really gives a whole new level of realism. All loadouts from the external manager appear and load correctly.

However, I seem to recall someone was having difficulties with the Duke? If the master compatibility list is still correct anyways. But I can tell you from personal experience the 337 works well on my system.

I guess I was looking for non-default airplanes...how those are working out.  I have seen the vids with the A2A C172...really nice.  Good to hear that the 337 and the Q400 are doing well.  The Dukes are among the heaviest I have on frames (but I do enjoy them so much.)   

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've been sitting on the sidelines (weird...right?) watching all the excellent vids and pics coming out of P3D.  What airplanes are you folks flying and how's it handling it?  I am interested in flying the RealAir Dukes and, perhaps, the Carenado C337 in it. 

Gregg

Hi Greg.

My Lvl-D 767 is now fully used in P3D V2. It runs like a charm

The Real Air duke works fine for me in P3D v2.

The CS 727 is good too

Aerosoft's Twotter runs good.

Aerosoft's Airbus runs fine.

Most of Carenado runs well I hear

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yup, all of my Carenado planes (206, 337, 208 even) work good in P3D

The Milviz 737 and F86 work like a charm with a few effect issues

CS stuff...eh...I can get them to work in Legacy mode. Manny, can you use the AP on the 767 in normal mode?

can you use the AP on the 767 in normal mode?

"Normal mode"???? 

I can use the MCP and do a cat 1 auto land.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The Real Air duke works fine for me in P3D v2.

What's the performance of the Duke like?  Did you use the migration tool to get it installed?

Gregg Seipp

What's the performance of the Duke like?  Did you use the migration tool to get it installed?

I found the performance of the Duke B60 v2 comparable or slightly better in V2.2 (than FSX) - Only drawback is the customs sounds don't work (gear, flaps, switches, wind noises), but it flies just fine!

And yes I used the migration tool to install it

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

"Normal mode"???? 

I can use the MCP and do a cat 1 auto land.

Like normal P3D, not legacy mode, but color surprised cause it hasn't worked for me. 

Only drawback is the customs sounds don't work (gear, flaps, switches, wind noises), but it flies just fine!

Glad to hear it flies well.  Hmmm...I wonder how the sounds work in the Turbine Duke.  Kinda bad the gear sounds not working.

Gregg Seipp

Glad to hear it flies well.  Hmmm...I wonder how the sounds work in the Turbine Duke.  Kinda bad the gear sounds not working.

Turbine is the same, as is their Lancair Legacy - all three use a custom sound .dll which isn't compatible with P3D (yet!) hopefully RealAir will release P3D updates.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Aerosoft's Airbus runs fine

My Airbus Extended runs fine but when descending to my destination starts to stutter a little at first, then more and more until P3D grinds to an ugly fatal error. My other airliners work fine. I have installed the updated ASC.dll but no idea why it's doing that.

My Airbus Extended runs fine but when descending to my destination starts to stutter a little at first, then more and more until P3D grinds to an ugly fatal error.

No problems with the Airbus Extended here. Works without any problems. The only minor flaw is that the settings made through the right MCDU are not saved. Everything else works perfectly. Just did a nice flight from KPDX to CYVR yesterday with Orbx PNW, FTX Vector, FTX Global, FS Dreamteam CYVR and GSX, ASN and REX4 textures. Looks just great with cloud shadows. And the best: No OOM!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I've been sitting on the sidelines

Gregg, what are you waiting for?  P3D is not going away, it is just getting better.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

No problems with the Airbus Extended here. Works without any problems. The only minor flaw is that the settings made through the right MCDU are not saved. Everything else works perfectly. Just did a nice flight from KPDX to CYVR yesterday with Orbx PNW, FTX Vector, FTX Global, FS Dreamteam CYVR and GSX, ASN and REX4 textures. Looks just great with cloud shadows. And the best: No OOM!

Hey Carlo, glad yours is working okay, did you do anything special when you installed it?

I downloaded and installed the replacement ASC.dll on the Aerosoft site which fixes a bug switching between windowed and full screen, but technically I don't really need it as I never use full screen.

Might try a reinstall as I have to say the AXE is my all-time favourite airliner!