Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How well is P3D handling more complex aircraft?

I am using the Ifly737 (flight1tech) and have no problems at all.  Its working fantastically.

Gregg, what are you waiting for? P3D is not going away, it is just getting better. :)

I'm not on the fence so much as I'm waiting for airplanes. Seems like every other area is covered extremely well.  I like high quality GA.  The only airplane that I fly that seems to work is the Carenado C337.  The RealAir Dukes would do it (especially the Turbine), the Flight1 Mustang (ah...but they've sidelined themselves), the Milviz MU2 (in development).

I suspect that when these airplanes appear (and others) people are going to jump on in waves.  Too bad about Flight1...they made some good airplanes. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hey Carlo, glad yours is working okay, did you do anything special when you installed it?

I downloaded and installed the replacement ASC.dll on the Aerosoft site which fixes a bug switching between windowed and full screen, but technically I don't really need it as I never use full screen.

Might try a reinstall as I have to say the AXE is my all-time favourite airliner!

I set symlinks and a registry entry to "trick" the installer that it looks like it's installing into Prepar3d v1. You can set the appropriate symlinks as outlined in the following Guide (which explains it for Orbx scenery but also works with other Prepar3d v1 installers):

http://airdailyx.blogspot.de/2013/11/a-guide-for-installing-orbx-scenery.html

In addition, I set a symbolic link from /Users/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d -> /Users/Name/Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v2 (replace name with your username).

If you set the symlinks right, then the AXE installer will install the Airbus just fine as long as you choose "Prepar3d" in the installer (do not check the option for FSX). Since the symlinks also point to the directories containing the scenery.cfg (which is not relevant for the Airbus), the exe.xml and the dll.xml, the installer will also put the right entries into these files. This also works with other Prepar3d v1 installers... And of course, for the Airbus you also need to replace the asc.dll file and apply the hotfix 19. And make sure that you install v1.16...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

If you set the symlinks right, then the AXE installer will install the Airbus just fine as long as you choose "Prepar3d" in the installer (do not check the option for FSX). Since the symlinks also point to the directories containing the scenery.cfg (which is not relevant for the Airbus), the exe.xml and the dll.xml, the installer will also put the right entries into these files. This also works with other Prepar3d v1 installers... And of course, for the Airbus you also need to replace the asc.dll file and apply the hotfix 19. And make sure that you install v1.16...

Thanks - did all that but just copied manually the stuff from the P3D v1 folders.

Still don't understand the stttttttuttering I get on descent.

Think I'll reset all settings and try a flight with all default options.

Cheers.

'My Lvl-D 767 is now fully used in P3D V2. It runs like a charm'

Hi

how did you do this pleae. was it with the migration tool or running  t set up in lvlD.

thank you

Qas

I am thinking about getting the A2A C172.  Does it run ok in 2.2?  Is the migrator required for installation?

Very informative topic.