Sign in to follow this  
cenkcnk

Cloud fog and fps

i get normal fps at clear weather conditions but when i activate v. fog , my fps drops dramatically. and if i fly through big clouds same thing happens. any suggestions? (you can see my sig at my panel)

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

1. Turn off volumetric fog.

2. Don't use NI to get better AA.

Other than that:there is not much you can do...

but i want to migrate to p3d for only volumetric fog, cockpit shadows and cloud shadows.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

i get normal fps at clear weather conditions but when i activate v. fog , my fps drops dramatically. and if i fly through big clouds same thing happens. any suggestions? (you can see my sig at my panel)

These prettys all come at a price. Now LM needs to focus on performance with all these entertainment features.

Hello Cenk,

the key to success in P3D2 is to balance the features. There are CPU bound like AI or autogen and GPU bound features like volumetric fog and shadows.

In your case i would start as low as it can be in the settings and then work your way up.

In the scenery settings go for normal density in scenery trees and buildings. Leave ALL traffic at 0%. In weather try default values. In lightning settings just set up the cloud shadows and the cockpit shadows.

The cockpit shadows are not that hard on the GPU but adding the clouds you may bring your GPU to it knes and you end up in stutters or worse.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

i have uninstalled p3d for now. if i get better system or lm team finds ways to reach better performance, i will install it again.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Hi Cenk, looking at your specs, you CPU is plenty fast enough. However upgrading you GPU should yield noticeable improvements (allowing you to enable shadows and higher AA), so you can try that for a start.