Sign in to follow this  
Buziel-411

So is no one using Nvidia Inpsector in 2.2?

Yeah I'm not shelling out $700 to get the very next generation and an extra 2 FPS.  I'll wait for the 880... My 680 seems to be doing pretty well with P3D v2 and overall I'm quite pleased with the performance.  I have the graphics turned up pretty heavy with tons of AI traffic and I'm still getting good results.

Good point. I just added a second GTX680 classified. I am reinstalling my OS and prepar3d at the moment. Will be interested to see what SLI does now and later when it is officially supported.

Would one of you mind posting some screenshots of your current working nvidia inspector profiles?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Have mine set to 4xsgssaa in NI and it smooth as silk and visually great. Occasionally get a jaggy runway line but majority of them are fine

Vic

That's where I'm coming out.  Just ran some more tests - good results with 4X SGSS and although I'm trading off some frames, I'm still running about 30 and performance is smooth.  That's with cloud coverage at maximum, cloud shadows on at 20,000 meters, some other shadows selected, vegetation at dense and buildings at normal.  Traffic at 15 percent via MyTraffic.  Aircraft is the Manfred Jahn C-47v2 - I might have more trouble with a more graphically demanding aircraft (but on the other hand, why fly anything else?  B) )

Would one of you mind posting some screenshots of your current working nvidia inspector profiles?

I've got AA supersampling set to 4X sparse grid supersampling, everything else at default, 780ti and 337.50 beta driver.

Good point. I just added a second GTX680 classified. I am reinstalling my OS and prepar3d at the moment. Will be interested to see what SLI does now and later when it is officially supported.

I'm away from home so I can't post my exact profile, but to get the SGSSAA to work just set the anti aliasing to enhance and select the appropriate sparse grid super sampling option from the transparency super sampling drop down menu.

Remember that the SGSSAA setting should match the built in multi sampling setting, so if you're using 4x in game you should use 4x in Nvidia Inspector, etc.

I can't do without the 4x SGSS to reduce the shimmering cockpits. I just dial back a few other settings to compensate. P3d looks stunning.

Please keep me informed, I'm interested to know how SLI performs as well, and whether in the future I'd best upgrade cards or add a second.  For now though I'm very happy with this release and finally can enjoy flying and not tweaking and worrying about hardware.  

Just a quick follow-up - I misspoke about the Manfred Jahn C-47v2.  It's actually pretty demanding (there's a lot of background processing going on).  It costs me 10 frames compared to the Aircraft Factory Uhu, which performs more like a default aircraft  The Uhu gave me about 40 fps in situations where the C-47 ran at 30, give or take.

I get marginally better results with AA behavior flags set to "none" - not sure why, but "enhance" gives me more stutters and slightly more shimming.

P3D2 isn't as strange a beast as FSX, but it still has its quirks.

It'd be nice if NVidia could give us decent AA results out of the box.

I still use it with this guide

http://simmershome.de/prepar3d-v2-2-guide-installation-und-einstellungen/

it is in German, go to position

2. Einstellungen

1. ...

5. Getätigte Einstellungen ...

See also NI settings on picture ...I am absolutely happy with this guide.

FXAA off in both P3D and NI

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I am with you on this one Harry, it is the best yet as far as I am concerned.  I am using a 40" LED and the picture quality is far superior to anything that I have tried.  Thanks for sharing the link.

\Robert Hamlich/

I still use it with this guide

http://simmershome.de/prepar3d-v2-2-guide-installation-und-einstellungen/

it is in German, go to position

2. Einstellungen

1. ...

5. Getätigte Einstellungen ...

Cheers,

Harry

Thanks for the link Harry, this is similar to what I've been trying to use and it does yield great visuals.

I get marginally better results with AA behavior flags set to "none" - not sure why, but "enhance" gives me more stutters and slightly more shimming.

P3D2 isn't as strange a beast as FSX, but it still has its quirks.

It'd be nice if NVidia could give us decent AA results out of the box.

I will try removing the "enhance" behavioral flag and see how it affects things.

Just a quote from Beau over at P3D:

" If you have multiple monitors and multiple views, then you'll generally be better off driving a display from each video card than using SLI."

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6352.0

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Well, I might go ahead and get a refund on Prepar3D and put the money towards Steve's DX10 fixer and a registered copy of FSUIPC (to fix the joystick dropouts in FSX). I will most certainly be returning to Prepar3D later, but I can run FSX in DX10 mode over downtown Seattle with Orbx PNW and 4x SGSSAA and average about 20-30 FPS, whereas my poor 660 Ti just can't handle that amount of anti aliasing in Prepar3D without frames dropping to 10 at times, even with me reducing settings somewhat. :( I am just finding the cockpit shimmers and the Orbx lighting shimmers quite annoying. It is a shame because there are lots of awesome improvements LM has made in Prepar3D...