Sign in to follow this  
CargoBull

DX10SF vs PMDG MD11

Hi everybody

I fly FSX with Accel Pack and the usual bunch of add-ons, including Global Ultimate Eur, UTX Eur, Aerosoft VFR Germany West and a number of airports in that wider area. Guess where I live :)

Ever since I installed the DX10 Scenery Fixer (it is v2.0), my MD11 crashes to the desktop a few minutes after take-off after whiting out the screen and displaying an "unrecoverable error" message. Other planes (default or add-on) don't seem to be affected. The problem does not go away when I unselect "DX10 preview".

I admit I have experimented only a little and did not try all conveivable combinations of settings, airports and planes. One reason being that I am a bit disappointed regarding the DX10 effects on image quality and framerate so I probably will de-install it and write off the money, in spite of the apperantly many true fans of that tool. No offense meant of course!

Anyway, although I did not find this specific issue in the DX10SF forum, I thought maybe somebody here has come across it. I'll post it there too.

Thanks

Sorry about your Trouble 

I read your Post   But sorry Dont know any thing about   DX10 Scenery   

​Cant help you   But hang in there  some one on this site will Definitely  help out 

Go into your FSX root folder and delete the 'UiAutomation.dll' file'

If you google this you will find that this is the cause of many CTD's in FSX.

You don't need it, and FSX will run quiet easily without it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Go into your FSX root folder and delete the 'UiAutomation.dll' file'

I have seen a lot of threads and posts on this file but this is the first time I have ever seen it recommended that the file be deleted. Is this delete unique to DX10 or does it apply to FSX in general?

Yes. for both.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi

Appreciate your help!

I am running Windows 7/64bit with 16GB of RAM. Presumably that's not it.

AFAIK the filename is UiAutomationCore.dll, and there's actually three of them in the  tree below my C:\Windows directory. No such file in the FSX root. It's true there is a lot of (mostly quite old) literature about that DLL on the web dealing with FSX issues, and I've played with it when I had Win7/32bit where FSX crashes rather frequently. None of the tips really changed anything (e.g. using the Vista-version), and since I didn't find any really technical explanation on why that particular file might pose a problem, I consider it more of an urban legend or myth that replacing, relocating or deleting it does any good. But no offense meant, that's just me. The actual remedy then was going to 64bit and more RAM.