Sign in to follow this  
Optimus

Complete loss of IAS speed.

Hello! I Have an issue with Phenom. I have read all the manuals, emergency checklists ets, but i cannot find any solution yet.
So im flying now at 37000ft i have OAT -53oC and my IAS is dead in Both Displays and the Backup also, so i guess that i have ice in my pitot tubes. Since Phenom does not have any pilot heat switches, i opened all the rest anti-ice protections for the engines and surfaces but they have no effect on that. So the question is... what else can i do? Strange but i still have Ground (455kts) and Mach speed (.733kts)...
Some people may suggest to fly in lower altitudes but in the current situation that im flying, i think it's not possible (i will have fuel problem then...).
Thanks...

Try  shift+h  key combo maybe.  That's the default FSX Pitot controls.

Hello again! yes i had ADS/AOA knob set to ON. I tried doog79 solution and after a while IAS speeds came back! But im not sure if it was the "Shift+H" or the anti-ice switches that i turned off and on again...
So the next time i will have that issue i will try only the "Shift+H" just to confirm and i will reply back here.
Thank you all for your replies! :)

Hello again! yes i had ADS/AOA knob set to ON. I tried doog79 solution and after a while IAS speeds came back! But im not sure if it was the "Shift+H" or the anti-ice switches that i turned off and on again...

So the next time i will have that issue i will try only the "Shift+H" just to confirm and i will reply back here.

Thank you all for your replies! :)

Its shift+h I have the same issue. If the pitot static tube becomes clogged with Ice you'll loose your airspeed indicator as well as other gauges. Just hit shift+h while taxing out and problem is solved.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Haha, realax, anti-ice and pitot functions are not simulated completely in FSX... ;) they're just procedures to follow, but there's no real impact on the aircraft...

On the other hand, the Phenom cruises at 200 knots or Mach 0.61 (about 280-350 GS, depending on the winds) so Cretanpilot, you were flying so fast!!!!!!!!!!

Shift H is default for pitot heat. Love how they made the knob but it doesn't work.... Sigh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Pitot heat is automatic in the Phenom 100 so this needs to be addressed by Carenado.  I have the same problem only when taking off in rain and as soon as the outside temp falls below 0C the IAS goes away.  I am using Prepar3d 2.2.