Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

ifly 737 for Prepar3d V2.2

I recently purchased the ifly 737 for Prepar3D V2.2 and the frame rates in VC mode are dismal.  The frame rates make the experience very poor.  Frame rates while outside the aircraft are in the 40-60 range and frame rates in the 2D cockpit are in the 40s.  I fly in VC mode lending this aircraft unusable.

I am glad they are making a P3D version but I won't support them because they won't at least give a break to those that purchased the FSX version.  1/2 of the $79.95 version I would do, but not paying 80 bucks for a flawed product!

I am glad they are making a P3D version but I won't support them because they won't at least give a break to those that purchased the FSX version.  1/2 of the $79.95 version I would do, but not paying 80 bucks for a flawed product!

To be fair Flight 1 did offer a 10$ upgrade to the P3D version for about a month after they brought it out (which I jumped on).

A shame they did not keep it as a permanent upgrade price!

Obviously that won't help you now but just so you're aware of the history.

...... I fly in VC mode lending this aircraft unusable.

Please define unsuable.

what are the fps you are getting in VC and under what scenery load?

8-10 fps. Scenery is set high, all others set medium, shadows only in cockpit. Cloud shadows on bit at minimum.

Regardless of the settings, the frame rate in VC is very poor.  The best I could get was at 20fps and that was with all sliders to minimum.

My system:  i7 - 4820K @ 3.7 GhZ , 16GB RAM, win 8.1, R9-280X 3 GB

Nothing at all flawed with the product. In fact in many respects it is better than the PMDG offerring. I have no issues with FPS in the VC. There are also options to improve FPS. At least they have a P3D version and it has regular service packs. Not just to correct bugs but to add additional features. Dont bag a developers product unless you have sought help, which is readily available either by support ticket or via the forums. Ask yourself, considering how many computers are there out there running a mixed bag of hardware and software as well as various sim tweaks and hacks, is it not understandable, if not probable, that the product may not function correctly 100% some of the time. This is very complex code you are talking about here.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Cowpatz-

Please let me know your FPS in VC.  Perhaps I have something that needs to be modified, as I would love to get this addon to work with smooth and acceptable frame rates.  With Aerosoft's Airbus AXE I get 50-65 FPS in VC, very smooth.  With Milviz 737, I get 45-60 FPS in VC, very smooth.  I ported over FSX 737 and I get 65-80 FPS in VC, very smooth.  When I switch to iFly 737 for Prepar3d v2, I get 16-20 FPS in VC, not smooth.  All in the same area, 10,000 ft over AZ with photoscenery, all settings to mid level.  Now if I do this at an airport, the FPS in VC with the iFly 737 is crippling.

i7-4820K @3.7 GHZ OC to 4.33  16 G RAM, WIN 8.1, R9-280X@ 3GB

prepar3d ver 2.2

very low 10 to 15 fps in vc with settings mediam settings low about 18 fps can fly it at that though as long as i dont hit a very heavy airport and as most of the time its on auto pilot i only need concern my self with takeoffs and landings still runs smooth at 10 to 15 fps

my rig is windows 7 64bit amd 3.2 6 core 3x27aoc monitors ssd samsung 450gig, gtx780 titan 6gig stadard settings non over clocked saitek york ,peddels, 2 quadrants ,trimwheel and a x52 pro for helicopters  all orbx and uk2000 airport, packs 1,2,3, pilots global software all 3 packs latest airoplanes for prepar3d 2.2, every thing else runs at around 35 fps which it maintains no matter what, which i am happy with.

i was using ifly 737 ver 1.01 in prepar3d v2.2 all worked well at 35fps i am a bit disapointed in the fact that ver 1.1 for fsx works better then 3.2.1 for prepar3d

I have the original FSX iFly 737 running in P3D 2.2.  28-30 fps in VC.

See my computer specs in my profile.

No P3D tweaks, no video OC.  Frames locked at 30 fps.

I get very low frame rates with the ifly 737 as well. Low in the sense that it's much lower than a normal fps impact. If I fly the built-in F35 in the area (say, LAX, with BlueSky sceneries) I get 30 fps (I set the max to 30). But on the ifly 737 at FL330 I get the fps around the 20s, during ground taxi it can be as low as 6 fps.

I don't think this is a hardware or configuration problem, my spec is in my signature and it's quite a beast. I believe this has more to do with ifly's code. Even with PMDG 777 in FSX I get 12~18 fps while taxing.

I had the same performance issues with the FSX version and did find something to do with the cause of the low performance.

To keep it simple the iFly 737 does not like certain sky textures on some pc configurations this will include stock sky textures, if you have rex you can go through them all until you find one that is compatible with the 737 but it will take time and effort, when i did find a compatible sky texture set my fps more than doubled, I did post about the low fps for the fsx version a long time ago and i did post my findings as well and with out checking my posts on their i believe they just blamed the sim as the issue and not the addon but i guess if you cant reproduce an issue all you can do is blame the sim.

I have tried the 737 with the latest updates in v2.2 to be fair to the addon, with clear sky's i get high 20's and that will sit around 30fps some times. While 30 fps is enough to fly the addon, when you add some weather and a little AI you start seeing lower fps.. below 20.

I have always felt the the iFly 737 has some texture issues in the vc that could be connected to the cockpit textures or a gauge.

-Paul-

I have always felt the the iFly 737 has some texture issues in the vc that could be connected to the cockpit textures or a gauge.

I agree~ the funny thing is that in FSX flying the PMDG 777 in vc, all the displays in the cockpit (e.g. all those V1, V2, Vr, flap settings, ILS frequency small numbers) are crystal clear. When I fly in P3D with the iFly 737 they are blurry, feels like they rendered the cockpit display at a low resolution and then scaled it up to match my computer screen. If you click on the cockpit display (so now it renders in a popup window instead of in the vc) it's crystal clear again. I tried pulling those sliders in the "Performance" option of iFly but with no observable improvement.

I recently purchased the ifly 737 for Prepar3D V2.2 and the frame rates in VC mode are dismal.  The frame rates make the experience very poor.  Frame rates while outside the aircraft are in the 40-60 range and frame rates in the 2D cockpit are in the 40s.  I fly in VC mode lending this aircraft unusable.

You are not alone.  I purchased iFly 737 for P3D as well.   I have been unable to get it over 20 FPS while sitting on the ground at KDAL in the VC.    I put in help tickets but their only response has been basically, "Did you do our install procedure as written?"  

I completely wiped out my install of Prepar3D and started fresh with v2.3.     I am pegged at 60FPS (my refresh rate of my monitor) in the F-22 with almost everything maxed.

I load the iFly 737 the frame rate struggles to keep to 20 FPS in the VC.    I have turned settings completely off.  STAYS at 20 FPS.   @_@   You would think turning off shadows, autogen, cloud cover and all the rest of that stuff would at least get me something back in the VC but nope.  It's stuck at 20 FPS.    Outside the plane everything is working great... Get about 40-50 FPS but the VC, where I live in my simulator, is 20 FPS or lower in bad weather.   There has to be a gauge or something in the cockpit that is draining all the juice out of the simulator engine and dragging the entire thing down to 20 FPS.

I have followed all their instructions;   Downloaded the wrapper with their downloader.  Installed everything as admin.  Ran the Configuration tool prior to starting.  I have the latest FSUIPC installed for 2.3.   20 FPS.   Has anyone had this happen?  Has anyone resolved it?  I REALLY REALLY *NEED* a 737 aircraft that is detailed as I fly for Southwest and we only fly 737 and since PMDG isn't coming around anytime soon I have to go with what is out there.   The iFly 737 is suppose to be the best available on the P3D platform.   

Any thoughts on why the FPS is pegging at 20 in VC no matter WHAT settings are chosen?   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

You are not alone.  I purchased iFly 737 for P3D as well.   I have been unable to get it over 20 FPS while sitting on the ground at KDAL in the VC.    I put in help tickets but their only response has been basically, "Did you do our install procedure as written?"  

I completely wiped out my install of Prepar3D and started fresh with v2.3.     I am pegged at 60FPS (my refresh rate of my monitor) in the F-22 with almost everything maxed.

I load the iFly 737 the frame rate struggles to keep to 20 FPS in the VC.    I have turned settings completely off.  STAYS at 20 FPS.   @_@   You would think turning off shadows, autogen, cloud cover and all the rest of that stuff would at least get me something back in the VC but nope.  It's stuck at 20 FPS.    Outside the plane everything is working great... Get about 40-50 FPS but the VC, where I live in my simulator, is 20 FPS or lower in bad weather.   There has to be a gauge or something in the cockpit that is draining all the juice out of the simulator engine and dragging the entire thing down to 20 FPS.

I have followed all their instructions;   Downloaded the wrapper with their downloader.  Installed everything as admin.  Ran the Configuration tool prior to starting.  I have the latest FSUIPC installed for 2.3.   20 FPS.   Has anyone had this happen?  Has anyone resolved it?  I REALLY REALLY *NEED* a 737 aircraft that is detailed as I fly for Southwest and we only fly 737 and since PMDG isn't coming around anytime soon I have to go with what is out there.   The iFly 737 is suppose to be the best available on the P3D platform.   

Any thoughts on why the FPS is pegging at 20 in VC no matter WHAT settings are chosen?   

I decided to test the FSX vs the P3D model. I choose Cheddi Jagan Airport Runway as there's nothing out there, autogen, etc. I also used Carenado's Phenom as another reference. Set both sims to similar settings, no shadows in P3D.

IFLY VER 3.2.1

P3D 2.3

FSX

IFLY        49+/- FPS

Phenom  52+/- FPS

P3D

IFLY         23+/- FPS

Phenom   53+/- FPS

There does seem to be something limiting IFLYs P3D model. Never noticed it before as I don't run the VC in P3D.