Sign in to follow this  
gpf3m

ifly 737 for Prepar3d V2.2

I decided to test the FSX vs the P3D model. I choose Cheddi Jagan Airport Runway as there's nothing out there, autogen, etc. I also used Carenado's Phenom as another reference. Set both sims to similar settings, no shadows in P3D.

IFLY VER 3.2.1

P3D 2.3

FSX

IFLY        49+/- FPS

Phenom  52+/- FPS

P3D

IFLY         23+/- FPS

Phenom   53+/- FPS

There does seem to be something limiting IFLYs P3D model. Never noticed it before as I don't run the VC in P3D.

Thanks for running this test.  I am glad to know I am not going insane.  There is a problem of some kind.   I guess I am going to have to return the plane to Flight1.. :(

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for running this test.  I am glad to know I am not going insane.  There is a problem of some kind.   I guess I am going to have to return the plane to Flight1.. :(

I swapped the models over and got the same results, so it's probably Gauge related. I've done a few flight with it using the VC in P3D and although my fps is lower, it's still smooth,

.... I am glad to know I am not going insane.  . :(

Now wait a minute there.

Don't go running to any conclusions.

:blink:

Now wait a minute there.

Don't go running to any conclusions.

:blink:

lol.   I think I am insane.  You are right.

And yes, it is 'smooooth' but has FPS lag now that it is under 25 FPS.  I can't stand FPS lag.   I don't care how SMOOTH that 15 FPS approach is.. my eyes can tell its 'fake' and it breaks the immersion.  People scream, "don't pay attention to the FPS' but there is a point when you cannot ignore it.    

I haven't even added traffic or ORBX yet.  What's the 737 going to do then?   Well... I think I answered my own question.. Its going to do 20 FPS.. XD   It's like a gauge or something is putting a Frame Rate limiter in place or something which is ridiculous but that's what it looks like to me.    20 FPS with everything off or on.  Doesn't matter on my rig.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have ifly737 running with 40% ut2 and ASN I get 23 fps and like

You I can never get it higher Unless I turn ut2 off.

it seems to run smooth so I have turned off my fps

meter and just fly. But I understand you frustration as I have been working on this since pr3dv2 came out.

Good luck and I hope some body finds a solution to this problem

Regards TED kiser

I have ifly737 running with 40% ut2 and ASN I get 23 fps and like

You I can never get it higher Unless I turn ut2 off.

it seems to run smooth so I have turned off my fps

meter and just fly. But I understand you frustration as I have been working on this since pr3dv2 came out.

Good luck and I hope some body finds a solution to this problem

Regards TED kiser

I would let it go if I didn't know it was taking my 60 FPS (pegged) and stripping 40 FPS off of that.    Not even PMDG did that much damage to my FSP in FSX.  I lost around 15 FPS when I flew the PMDG 737.   Of course the rest of the simulation killed the rest of the FPS for me (never could get FSX to run right).

SO here I am with P3D running smooth as glass.  I am singing and dancing it's praises... and I install one add-on and my FPS plummets 40 points to a sluggish 'smooth' simulation.   That is unacceptable to me.   And I am the kind of guy that will beat on a problem for months until I know its secrets or give up finally.   I am not ready to give up on iFly yet.   I WANT IT to be my go to plane for P3D.   I wish there was a way to shut off the gauges one at a time and find which one is killing my FPS.

When I slide the Performance sliders from the iFLy menu to SLOW it makes no difference at all in the FPS.   The screens just update very slow on the gauges but it did not improve performance at all.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I would let it go if I didn't know it was taking my 60 FPS (pegged) and stripping 40 FPS off of that.    Not even PMDG did that much damage to my FSP in FSX.  I lost around 15 FPS when I flew the PMDG 737.   Of course the rest of the simulation killed the rest of the FPS for me (never could get FSX to run right).

SO here I am with P3D running smooth as glass.  I am singing and dancing it's praises... and I install one add-on and my FPS plummets 40 points to a sluggish 'smooth' simulation.   That is unacceptable to me.   And I am the kind of guy that will beat on a problem for months until I know its secrets or give up finally.   I am not ready to give up on iFly yet.   I WANT IT to be my go to plane for P3D.   I wish there was a way to shut off the gauges one at a time and find which one is killing my FPS.

When I slide the Performance sliders from the iFLy menu to SLOW it makes no difference at all in the FPS.   The screens just update very slow on the gauges but it did not improve performance at all.

Updated it for you

IFLY VER 3.2.1

PMDG 737 1.0

P3D 2.3

FSX

IFLY        49+/- FPS

PMDG     45+/-FPS

Phenom  52+/- FPS

P3D

IFLY         23+/- FPS

PMDG     25+/- FPS

Phenom   53+/- FPS

I am now getting 25 to 35 fps with i fly737 in vc. never got that be fore.this is with ut2 set at 30% and ASN running.

Ok i am not to good at doing screen shot so i will try to ex plane  what i have done.

nvidia control panel

antialiasing- on

antialiasing-mode enhance the application setting

antialiasing -setting-2x

max pre-render frames 4

v sync adaptive half refresh rate

graphics setting in pr3d

fxaa on

msaa 8

anisotropic 16x

ultra 4096x4096 

vsync on. t buffer on

set scenery to as high as you like.i did not use any reflection as i doint like them. and i do have vegi set high as i use real trees with megascenery

lighting all on.

What i have found is more is better with ilfy 737.

Right now i am flying over Nevada and i am getting 26 to 36 fps in vc. and before i was like you getting 23 fps.

do not know if this makes any sense  but this was a big improvement for me.

Good luck and regards Ted Kiser

P.S it was also feeling very smooth with thous settings

I am now getting 25 to 35 fps with i fly737 in vc. never got that be fore.this is with ut2 set at 30% and ASN running.

Ok i am not to good at doing screen shot so i will try to ex plane  what i have done.

What are you getting in FSX compared to P3D? 

I don't know because I have deleted fsx from my system as I got tired from always having to tweak and the crashing. So I can't compare.

Regards TED Kiser

Is there a dedicated forum for the P3D version of the iFly 737?  The Flight 1 Tech site appears not to have one and I can't register in the FSX forum.  I have ASN, have done all the FSUIPC iFly and ASN updates but the weather radar will not work :(  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanx.

Lon Duncombe

Is there a dedicated forum for the P3D version of the iFly 737?  The Flight 1 Tech site appears not to have one and I can't register in the FSX forum.  I have ASN, have done all the FSUIPC iFly and ASN updates but the weather radar will not work :(  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanx.

Lon Duncombe

No Forum, Support is via ticket system at Flight1 Aviation Tech.

http://tickets.flight1tech.com/

People scream, "don't pay attention to the FPS' but there is a point when you cannot ignore it.    

Take it one day at time, call AA, that's American Airlines, and join their FPS  recovery program  ( flyer points system)

And then stop looking at the fps counter, turn it OFF, one frame at a time....

Even if you have to turn off the monitor,  that will work. = zero fps

I sent in a ticket to Aviation Tech at Flight 1 today and they said they could not help me with Ifly in P3d V2.3 and Windows 8.1.  I am not sure if I should get my money back or hope that something changes.  Frame rates are great stuff until you get down to slide show landings.  The AXE runs twice the frame rates and remains smooth.

I have a feeling that it's not optimized for P3D. Seems odd that we all hit a 20ish FPS barrier.