Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Any word on 10.30?

Been away playing with P3D v2.2 enjoying the cloud shadows, but I haven't forgotten the upcoming 10.30.

With LM's recent successful release, LR will have their work cut out BUT I am looking forward to flying airliners again in XP with the promised visibility improvements, and hopefully some work on clouds/weather too!

It has been a long wait for the .30... complicated stuff being cooked... and.. lets be honest... they are/should be working hard on release 11 as well.... which is a good thing too.

All Your Wildest Dreams will come True :Big Grin: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have kind of given up on XP for a while now.  I have been enjoying P3D with the cloud shadows and performance improvements and it is quite a good platform.  Whenever 10.3 comes out, which hopefully is sometime this year, I will taking another look at XP.  Sure wish Ben would communicate more with the user community in terms of status.  I thought it would be out by now and in my opinion, 10.3 hopefully is an extremely good release due to the time it has taken.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sure wish Ben would communicate more with the user community in terms of status.

He seems to post fairly regularly with updates about 10.30 on their blog. This is where I normally go to find out new info about it.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

He did make mention in one of the posts that this will be a very large update. Looks like the most recent addition will be a new GPS which should make all the GA flyers very happy.

I thought those blogs were a precursor to an imminent 10.30 beta, but it looks like we'll have to wait longer...

In the meantime, back to my iFly 737 NG!

I'm not heavily invested into X-Plane to make me really salivate for v10.30. I look forward to seeing it, but it cannot be said that I am anxious for it like I was earlier X-Plane updates. I remain far more invested (financially and emotionally) in another platform who's patriarch may be hanging on for dear life, but who's progeny is releasing quality update after update and really making it really hard to whole-heartedly embrace something "new" like X-Plane.

The XP developer blog entries have dwindled down a bit since the earlier days of XP10. They were once full of both development news and tips/comments from the team about X-Plane topics. Ever since most XP10 users got a good handle on how the product works (tweaking, adjusting, settings, etc), the dev blog really slowed down to rare, occasional updates.

I'm sure v10.30 will be a well received and quality update for X-Plane, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say a very recent update for another product may have sapped some of the excitement away, at least temporarily.

-Greg

Personally, I hope they are making sure that things "work" correctly before even releasing a beta.  They have an excellent product as is and it would be a shame to see it's functionality or that of third party add-ons compromised by releasing something before it is ready.  Yes, I would like information about a release date, but things being what they are, I can see that glitches keep popping up.  Better on their test computers than mine!  :rolleyes:

John

John Wingold

Just taken the plunge and bought XPlane off the Bay...it's a pre64 version so will need a big update - but I suspect the 10.3 is too far away to wait?
Cheers

Keith

Just update like normal for now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm in the same boat as several of you... have X plane, love it, but progress is slower than I would like. In the meantime I love P3D 2.2 and updates seem to come in a more timely manner from LM... and I have been spending most of my time in the P3D world last couple of weeks.

Hope the 10.30 update is a good one!

-Phil

Phil,You have to remember,P3D version 2 is in it's infancy.When X-Plane 10 was in this stage updates were coming fast and furious,it seemed every other day was a NEW Beta RC you could download.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Summer is June 21st - Sept 21st so that could be quite a wait.

So anywhere between 2-5 months away means LR are making big changes, which means good news for XP10 fans.

GPS apart which is Philip's domain, I'm guessing there's more than just visibility fixes going on here, perhaps Ben is giving the clouds and weather depiction a going-over too?

I hope this is not the case, but I would guess that if LR is saying that 10.3 will be released this summer that it will likely be fully baked, meaning out of beta, sometime around the end of 2014.  It would be good if LR would communicate more often with information that gives us something to look forward to.  Very little communication on the blog.  I sure hope it is worth the wait.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations