Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Any word on 10.30?

Summer is June 21st - Sept 21st so that could be quite a wait.

So anywhere between 2-5 months away means LR are making big changes, which means good news for XP10 fans.

GPS apart which is Philip's domain, I'm guessing there's more than just visibility fixes going on here, perhaps Ben is giving the clouds and weather depiction a going-over too?

I was expecting the betas a lot sooner ;( Ben said he was going to "post a bit on 10.30 scheduling in a few days", well that was 3 or 4 weeks ago. He also mentioned that they were working on the clouds and he was going to blog about that as well !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Phil,You have to remember,P3D version 2 is in it's infancy.When X-Plane 10 was in this stage updates were coming fast and furious,it seemed every other day was a NEW Beta RC you could download.

Yep Phantom, that is a good point, thanks for reminding me.  These are exciting times... both of my favorite sims being actively developed! 

My opinion is that XP development is always too slow. I've not really seen any evidence contrary to this since I first bought XP9. Here we have a sim with superb flight dynamics, butter smooth flight, no blurries, and overall better performance than the other payware sims, just begging for that big push to bring it up to a level where it is a viable alternative.

Yet if it is to carry on at this pace I can't see it reaching much beyond what it is now, especially as many are now moving to P3D. Perhaps a lost opportunity for LR after Aces originally closed it's doors.

The mass market want the extras like AI with flight plans, seasons, decent ATC, and so on.

Credit where credit is due though. The move to 64bit is a big thumbs up!

Guest Mik75

Lets not forget though that LM is a major armament concern, there is a lot of man power and money! LR is hardly comparable to that. I am really happy with what I have in XPX's current state. Everything else (realistically modeled GNS 430, less blurriness in the distance) will be the icing on the cake for me!

I understand x-plane is always a WIP, (which is good too),  that LR it's a very small team,, and really if you think what they've made , right now as it is, XP is awesome. People will always miss things from the other sim.

But (yes, its just my opinion), what I can't understand is that something that was suposed to work on v10 is , now , after almost three years not really usable. (ATC).

If only a 3PD would port their current offering for XPX. I'm sure LR would love for someone to take the pressure off them.

If only a 3PD would port their current offering for XPX.

But (yes, its just my opinion), what I can't understand is that something that was suposed to work on v10 is , now , after almost three years not really usable. (ATC).

About these two points, there is a hope in 10.30, for bug correction and opening to 3PD. According to Ben Supnik (copy frome an article on http://developer.x-plane.com/) , about the upcoming 10.30 :

"Bug Fixes.  A big part of 10.30 is bug fixes and quality improvements, and a lot of the bugs that we are working on are hard to fix.  "

"Third Party Interfaces.  We’ve built up a number of requests for datarefs, third party interfaces, etc. that we haven’t been able to implement in ‘small’ releases like 10.22 or 10.25. I’m hoping we’ll get through most or all of these in 10.30."

To my opinion, a big drawback of XP today is the impossibility for 3PD to access/modify data into XP (we often read from developer :" I can't do this or correct this because XP does not allow this, ...". So the second point above is very interesting.

XP developers seems to be aware of all the issues/lacks we speak about in the forum. Developing sometimes need a lot of time and is complex, and LR is not a big company.

We just have to be patient :-) but I'm very impatient to hear more about 10.30 from LR (list of changes, rougth idea of planning)....

Guillaume

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Well can be IXEG release for those features, but i doubt it is that they are waiting for.

But i guess there is certain data like thrust parameters wanted.

And keep in mind - XP is not their only product.

Unfortunately, the thinness of their team is reflected in the other products as well.

(Or, at least, it is reflected in Xavion. I have not flown with the VP-400.)

Adding to this, more unfortunately than anything, is the Uniloc troll patent lawsuit, though I haven't looked back for some time to see what progress has been made. That said, I don't think it directly affects the productivity of the programmers.

The release of P3D has doubtless lit a fire over at Laminar.  While FSX was stagnant, LM has breathed life back into a platform that has a wide following.  In addition -some- of the really nice add-ons for FSX have been ported over to P3D which as always, is a double-edged sword.

The temptation and desire to have ever-better and ever more realistic scenery and weather has led more than one happy P3D pilot into the familiar quagmire of declining frame rates and the rebirth of stutters.

While it is undeniably true that LR has been taking a -long- time to release important and long-overdue fixes, the double-edged sword that has spilled blood amongst the P3D 2.2 pilots has not reared its ugly head in the XPX skies (as yet) in large part -because- it is (relatively) hard to hang too many add-ons onto XP in its 'current' form.

There is a world of difference between P3D and XPX, and in terms of sheer beauty I think P3D has the edge, helped immeasurably by the Orbx stuff (Norcal especially) and the astounding airports from FSDreamteam, Flightbeam Studios and LatinVFR.  Plus, iFly updated their NG for P3D 2.2 (although you get to purchase it all over again) and there still remains a shortfall in the XP camp in terms of complex jetliners.

I dodged the impact of the shortfall by going with Sim-Avionics' glass cockpit and XP flight model, and the 180-degree FOV with no fisheye came true for me via triple pcs / triple monitors / networked XP.  Thus far, I'm overall happier with my pre-P3D setup, but ever hopeful that LM will continue to refine their stellar offering.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

And keep in mind - XP is not their only product.

Unfortunately, the thinness of their team is reflected in the other products as well.

(Or, at least, it is reflected in Xavion. I have not flown with the VP-400.)

Adding to this, more unfortunately than anything, is the Uniloc troll patent lawsuit, though I haven't looked back for some time to see what progress has been made. That said, I don't think it directly affects the productivity of the programmers.

I wonder if the same team develops XP desktop as well as XP for iOS and Android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Android version of X-Plane and it hasn't been updated it in eons, most likely they don't have the time to develop for it anymore. Which is a shame because it was pretty fun. 

Thankfully there is Infinite Flight which looks better and is in active development.

I have the Android version of X-Plane and it hasn't been updated it in eons, most likely they don't have the time to develop for it anymore. Which is a shame because it was pretty fun. 

Thankfully there is Infinite Flight which looks better and is in active development.

X-Plane for Android was destroyed by the Uniloc patent lawsuit.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

X-Plane for Android was destroyed by the Uniloc patent lawsuit.

precisely so.  If only LR had never released an Android version... (sigh)...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel