Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

Unable to install ORBX Scenery with Prepar3D V2.2

I must tell that i used Flightsim Estonia migration tool software  and everything is working fine with all scenery of FTX.

You may have not noticed that some functions of an addon are not present or don't work properly. I've EMT myself but avoid to install ORBX addons which are not P3D v2 ready yet.

But if you're happy with doing it - go for it.

By the way, here is the link to the compatibility list at ORBX.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

Spirit

If you follow the instructions I placed in the tips and tricks forum regarding 'symbolic links' you should be able to install a number of sceneries. I have installed orbx England which was quite clearly stated as not compatible by a large number of people. It installed without error and works perfectly.

Of course this depends on how confident you are with doing it.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

If you follow the instructions I placed in the tips and tricks forum regarding 'symbolic links' you should be able to install a number of sceneries. I have installed orbx England which was quite clearly stated as not compatible by a large number of people. It installed without error and works perfectly.

Of course this depends on how confident you are with doing it.

Tom

NO and NO again! The EMT doesn´t make ORBX sceneries without triple installers work 100%!!!! Yes they install and work but not as they should. There is a reason why ORBX has to adjust the sceneries to v 2.2 if not they would have been released a long time ago. 

If you run the latest version of the Orbx Libraries for V2 it will correct any scenery anomalies.  The only issue is with certain airports and their use of Object Flow, which has yet to be fixed.

NO and NO again! The EMT doesn´t make ORBX sceneries without triple installers work 100%!!!!

Perhaps not.

But if you re-read what I said and refer to the place I suggested, (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442608-symbolic-links-linking-to-the-scenerycfg-and-dllxml-useful-info/) you would notice that I didn't refer to the EMT, or say to use it and at no point did I say that I had used it. Perhaps I should have been more specific in my explanation, apologies if it was miss-interpreted.

I have installed ORBX england using the method I described in my post in the other forum and have been using the scenery ever since. The essence of the install was to ensure the installation process can see the P3D folder, the scenery.cfg and the dll.xml.

So it is possible. As to whether everything functions is another matter, but from my experience I haven't noticed anything to be missing.

There is a reason why ORBX has to adjust the sceneries to v 2.2 if not they would have been released a long time ago. 

I expect so, but I don't really like the idea of forking out money for an addon and then not being able to use it (even though I was aware they weren't compatible), even if an updated version is due in the future. If it will work with a bit of persuasion then I am happy to try.

As for whether anyone else could/should try it, that is up to them at their own risk, but given that this community is built on sharing information and helping each other, I thought for a change I would contribute my own experience.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Sorry Tom (corkyo4)!!!

Please accept my apologies, my intention was NOT to offend you!!!  :blush:

I just wanted to give my point of view in this matter. I have tested EMT since it was released and at least on my PC with my configuration, it does´t NOT work 100% when it comes to migrating ORBX sceneries and some other add-ons NOT compatible with P3D v 2.2. 

I totally agree with you that if people STILL want to use it and maybe get unweanted behavior, it´s their problem. Also I like to mention that using EMT for ORBX sceneries disqualifies the user from ORBX support.

Sorry again if I did upset you or anyone else.

Jack

the Swede in Spain