Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

Unable to install ORBX Scenery with Prepar3D V2.2

Good evening, 

Just purchased two FTX ORBX sceneries and I am unable to install them . 74S and KBVS, I get the following message: cannot creat ORBX/Script folder. then crashes.

Any thoughts ?

Thank you,

Did they have dedicated P3D installers? I ran into the same issue installing FTX Global into P3Dv 2.2. Turns out I was using the older installer. I had to download a newer installer for P3D v2.

NAX669.png

Thank you for the reply, I was able to install FTX Global without any issues. Now the installer for the two airport gave me an option to install either to FSX or Prepar3D V2. 

I will try to find this new installer.

Thank you,

Might be a good idea to go to the FTX site in case nobody is able to help you here.  Best of luck.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm pretty sure Orbx has not released P3Dv2 installers for those airports yet, so I'm not sure how you would install those without migration tool.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Go to the ORBX site and look at the compatibility list. I guess these 2 airports are not P3D v2.2 ready yet.

Spirit

I installed NZSI and NZNI using this method . http://airdailyx.blogspot.de/2013/11/a-guide-for-installing-orbx-scenery.html

And it works.good. You must revert back as instructed, and install the orbx libs when finished, otherwise FTX central will give you scenery cfg errors.

It works good for regions or airports that do not have triple installers yet.

Back up scenery cfg and terrain cfg first. Just in case

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The airports you mention are NOT compatible with P3D v2.2. Same thing with ALL NZ-sceneries/airports.

You have to wait for the versions with triple-installers.

Or use the emt (Estonia migration tool) if you don't mind the work around.

Thank you all for the input. For some reason I had thought they were compatible. Need to do more research next time. 

Cheers !

The airports you mention are NOT compatible with P3D v2.2.

Hi JJ Jackson!

My comments are off topic and not related to your response but I wanted to make sure you know we have a new signature policy here at AVSIM.  We implemented it in early March this the AVSIM system crashed for a couple of weeks and I think many missed the change.  So this is just a friendly reminder of the new policy.  More info can be found at the following link in the Hangar Chat Forum - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules/ or under the Forums Menu above.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Or use the emt (Estonia migration tool) if you don't mind the work around.

This tool doesn´t work for ORBX Sceneries that doesn´t have triple installers!!! Further moore, if you use that tool you disqualify yourself for support from ORBX!