Sign in to follow this  
brucek

VC Dynamic sun highlights

I'm sure I have just missed this somewhere...

Installed P3D v2.2 from scratch, including removing all of the files in C:\users....  Installed new beta NV driver today, very nice.  Overall, I am very happy, other than the sun shining on the VC panel when the aircraft was at certain attitudes (depending on where the sun was too, of course).  I had this in v2.1, and while I have awesome cloud shadows, having the dynamic sun shine on the VC would just make it perfect..

HDR Lighting is ON

In Lighting:

Object-Type                         Cast              Receive

Internal vehicle                    Yes                  Yes

External Vehicle                   Yes                   Yes

SimObjects                          No                    Yes

Vegetation                            No                   Yes

Buildings                              Yes                   Yes

NoShadow Flagged Content    No 

Thanks,  Bruce.

The sun still shines on my VC. THIS SHOT was taken, while I was flying in Boston in v.2.2. in A2A's C172 (but the sun shines in the default planes' VC as well).

Your settings look correct.  But I'm not using the NV Beta drivers, but the latest released drivers (335.23). And I'm not using NI.

With cloud shadows enabled, this happens less often, as any cloud that is between your VC and the sun will prevent this. So perhaps you just haven't looked when the sun has been at the right angle, with the right conditions yet.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Hi Arwen,

Thanks for the reply-  and that shot you linked to is exactly what I’m noticing I’m missing…

When I installed the beta drivers I did the “clean install” option (and deleted the shader files in P3D too, of course), but never touched nVidia Inspector.  My understanding is that the clean install option on the drivers deletes all of the NI profiles, so even though I still have my P3D profile in NI, it isn’t doing anything until I save it, when it then creates a profile in the driver data…. 

If my logic is correct,  then I am not modifying the drivers at all with any settings when I run P3D (v2.2).  What I don’t know enough about is if the sunlight reflections need something enabled in NI to create a P3D profile in order to get the sunlight reflections (regardless of what I have set in P3D/lighting).  Have you created any profiles for P3D? (Edit- I read your post again and see you are not using NI)

Thanks- I might try tonight going back to the production drivers that you have if I can’t find anything else out.  I also changed some settings in P3D at the same time as I installed the new drivers,  which could also be a part of my problem…. 

Thanks again,  much appreciated.

Bruce.

And delete your shaders when changing drivers.... They are located in your profile's app data folder... I forgot if it's local VA roaming, but you'll find it....

And delete your shaders when changing drivers.... They are located in your profile's app data folder... I forgot if it's local VA roaming, but you'll find it....

Yes- have done and will do,  thanks.

Uninstalled my current driver (337.50 beta), installed 335.23 drivers, and got the internal vc shadows.  Not being satisfied I re-installed the 337.50 beta drivers to confirm that these were the issue, and I still have the internal vc shadows...  deleting shaders at each driver install as I had before-  not sure why but I'm sorted (sure the issue was something I did or didm;t do).

One thing I'm noting with v2.2 is that the shadows seem to have less contrast- or maybe the vc is brighter.

Anyway, just an update if anyone else gets this-  just re-install drivers....

Thanks,  Bruce.