Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Is there a Fix for visibility problem in FSX?

This is my problem .. I use ASN btw.. but it was with all the weather engines.

2cp2gjs.jpg

Is there ANY fix for this annoyance?

Thanks a lot

1y329d.jpg

Did u set your max vis correctly in asn?

My settings are "Realism" that come with ASN.

1y329d.jpg

Hi,

By default FSX uses a haze layer (with varying levels of opacity based on surface visibility) to depict these conditions (the transition from a lower surface visibility to a higher upper visibility). Unfortunately, this haze layer has some very significant drawbacks (it follows the aircraft, it intersects with mountains in a very ugly way etc). That's the reason ASN (and I assume other weather engines) give the option to disable it (this is the default behavior in ASN). 

This leaves however these hazy conditions depicted as is shown in your screenshots. We acknowledge that this solution is however not optimal. The best way of solving this is by using the volumetric fog (only present in P3D however). For fsx we've been working towards improving the whole haze depiction (in fact the related changes have already been implemented in ASN and are scheduled to be part of the upcoming SP1). 

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi,

By default FSX uses a haze layer (with varying levels of opacity based on surface visibility) to depict these conditions (the transition from a lower surface visibility to a higher upper visibility). Unfortunately, this haze layer has some very significant drawbacks (it follows the aircraft, it intersects with mountains in a very ugly way etc). That's the reason ASN (and I assume other weather engines) give the option to disable it (this is the default behavior in ASN). 

This leaves however these hazy conditions depicted as is shown in your screenshots. We acknowledge that this solution is however not optimal. The best way of solving this is by using the volumetric fog (only present in P3D however). For fsx we've been working towards improving the whole haze depiction (in fact the related changes have already been implemented in ASN and are scheduled to be part of the upcoming SP1). 

Thanks team , You guys made things possible that weren't possible before! Hope to see this thing also get polished :)

1y329d.jpg