Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Glideslope problems at higher altitude airports

Took my Dash to the Rocky Mountain region for some practice in snowy conditions.  On approach to KCOS, I was on the glideslope, all was well, and then a couple of miles out, my GS was replaced by the dreaded red X.  I flew to KAPA and experienced the same thing.  I then tried to land at KDEN, and the same thing.  At KDEN, was on the GS for runway 7, looked good, and then at 6 miles out, got the red X.  The error is repeatable.  The Localizer appears to be working ok, it's just the glideslope as far as I can tell.

I started to think this might be altitude related, since these airports are all above 5000 ft.  Exploring this theory, I experienced the same thing at El Alto airport (13,000ft) and at KSLC, 4200 ft elevation, lost the GS at around 2.5 miles out.  At Zurich, which is 1200 ft (?) everything appeared to work fine.  The Glideslopes at KSAN, KSEA, and other airports closer to sea level all work fine, also.

Wondering if it might be some data corruption in my FSX installation, I tried the same approaches in both the RealAir Duke and the NGX.  In all cases, at all airports, the Glideslopes worked fine on all other aircraft that I tried, leading me to believe it is a problem with the Dash, and not an issue of corruption of something in my FSX.

@KingGhidorah

Thank you for the detailed description regarding the failed G/Slope issues.  We have traced the issue down to a "dead zone" within the glide-slope antennae which will be addressed in the upcoming patch.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos