Sign in to follow this  
gwal

Approach Headings wrong in FMC

I have had pmdg 737ng for a number of years with no problems, recently my FMC approach headings are off by the mag/declination of the airport, at KLAS 25L Fmc gives the heading 270 degrees from PRINO to 25L.  It has always been 256 degrees before.  I have checked mag/dec file and updated with no help, when I disabled mag/dec it moved rwy heading to 242 degrees but FMC still gave heading from PRINO to rwy  as 270 degrees???  I did not have this problem before I installed FSX and X-10 demo, Is there a connection with those installs??     FS9 flight planner seem to have right headings.

Thanks

George Wallace

I have two or three older files that I got when they were free, I think I am using 1013 right now, I have modified this file in the past to add waypoints and runways, but not recently.  I feel like it is something to do with loading FSX or x-plane demo althought I don't know how that would affect it.  Its almost like FMC is reading the mag declination from somewhere else.  Fs9 seems to to be reading mag/dec correctly.

Thanks for your reply,

George Wallace

when you sat the FMC is wrong on the approach headings......

if you look on the legs page, what is the track from PRINO to the runway ?

Is the incorrect track the same on the ND  for both the map display and the ILS display ?

Peter Schluter

With the plane at rwy 25L and approach programed the ND track reads 256, the legs page shows 270 from prino to 25L, the magenta line is 270, and the ils on PFD reads l-rle/270.  The departure headings are also off-set by 14 degrees.

thanks

George Wallace

Thanks for your time,  I may have to bite the bullet and uninstall and re-install to narrow it down.

thanks again  GW

Uninstalled everything FS on my computer and reloaded clean fs9 and clean 737-800 with no help @#@%$$$#!!,  can someone tell me what their FMC shows on Navdata page at 4L(magvar) when klas is entered at airport ident (2L), mine shows E 0.0

Thanks,      George Wallace

Uninstalled everything FS on my computer and reloaded clean fs9 and clean 737-800 with no help @#@%$$$#!!,  can someone tell me what their FMC shows on Navdata page at 4L(magvar) when klas is entered at airport ident (2L), mine shows E 0.0

Did you run the Flight1 Registry repair tool?

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

That seems to fix up the issue with me (Though in FSX for the 747 and MD11).

It seems that you may have installed an incompatible or buggy scenery at some point which changed the global magnetic variation file. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336155-magnetic-variation-updates-for-fs9-and-fsx/

mine shows W12.4 MAG VAR.

I did suggest the F1 registry repair tool as a first step as it can sort this problem. Also when you reinstalled FS9 did you also do the 9.1 update?

Peter Schluter

That seems to be a old AFCAD File that creates the trouble. 

Disable ALL add on sceneries and remove all non default AFCAD files out of the Add On Scenery folder. 

Jan-Paul

I ran registry repair or at least I think I did, It came back with some message I didn't understand but it was not an error message.  Disabled all add on senery and checked folders (empty).  I don't understand why I don't have a magvar in navdata(4L),  If i position my plane on 7L, klas vor shows on rwy center line, but if I go to 25R klas vor shows 12 to 14 degrees to the right of center line(appr 270 heading)

GW

Make sure your MAGDEC file is in the correct base folder under Scenery ..I had this the other day after I put the file in it's own folder and made it always at the top in the scenery list thus removing it from the base scenery folder , when I put it back every thing was ok .. I even had the 0 deg mag var like you in the FMC ..I use the 2010 MAGDEC file for flights in the US and 2013 for the UK .

Rich

ugcx_banner.png