Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

FSX Freezes When Avionics Master Switch Turned Off

Just recently FSX started freezing after I complete a flight and turn the avionics master switch off.  It doesn't matter what airplane I am flying, or what airport I am located at.  After landing I taxi in and start the shut down process, when the avionics master switch is turned off the sim freezes and I have to use the task manager to shut it down....this is while using the Reality XP 530W.  The only thing I have changed recently was the latest update to Active Sky Next.  Any ideas what might be causing this? 

Thanks,

John

Since you are going into Task Manager to quit FSX, take a look at "Processes" and look through the list to see which one is taking the CPU into intersteller overdrive.  I would say the CPU can't find what it's looking for.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi John

Do you have FSUIPC installed? if so read on - Just had a similar problem using the Reality XP 530W as a popup in the Aerosoft Twin Otter.  Similar problem FSX crashed when I changed legs in the GNS530 or also if I left FSX paused longer than a minute or so which started randomly  sometime after the Active Sky Next Upgrade. Finally found an error in windows event manager that mentioned FSUIPC and Active Sky Next as being active at the crash.

Long story short  I checked out Peter Dowsons page and downloaded the latest version 4.929 (unzipped and installed shows as 4.929C ) Fixed my problem and no crashes since. The readme file says FSUIPC4 now cooperates with "Active Sky Next" (ASN). Two specific changes apply: first the hooks normally applied into the FSX/P3D weather system for FSUIPC's smoothing actions are not performed when ASN isactive, as it uses those hooks itself." 

Hope this is of some help - best of luck.

Cheers Pete

Thank you for the information!  I am not sure what version of FSUIPC I am currently running, but will certainly check when I get home tonight.  The problem only occurs while using Active Sky Next as I tried OPUS last night without any problems. 

Thanks again,

John

Hi John

Mate the latest version numbers appear to vary depending on which site you are looking at. Is your FSUIPC Window showing 4.929c  if not you can download it at the following link - Cheers Pete

Pete Dowson, on 12 Mar 2014 - 7:29 PM, said:

That is a big bug! I am fixing it now -- in 4.929c. I will advise when it is ready ...

Okay. Download FSUIPC 4.929c. It is also shown in the Download Links subforum.

Pete

John,

What is your FSUIPC version number?

Is it the FSUIPC Registered (payware) version?

Which aircraft has the problem with RealityXP WAAS installed?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I just double checked and the version I had been using was 4.929.  I just downloaded and installed the version from the above link and will give it a try. 

I do have the registered version of FSUIPC and it appears to happening on all aircraft with the Reality XP 530 installed.  I will try version "c" and report back.

Thanks again for the great info.

John 

I have RXP530W also.

The reason I asked which aircraft is ... maybe I can test with the same aircraft.

List all the aircraft ... especially default MSFS aircraft that have the problem.

Maybe someone could help you.

Best Regards,

No problem.  So far it has happened on the following aircraft...

Milviz 310R

Carenado C340

Carenado Cirrus SR22

It seems to only happen after a flight that is at least 1 hour long.  I am testing the new FSUPIC right now, I will let you know how that goes.

Thank you for your help.

John

Carenado has a special RXP setup .. as I understand.

Put the RXP530W in a Default FSX aircraft and test again.

Best Regards,

The newest version of FSUIPC did not help.  My event log just says application hang, it doesn't give any specific details.  There was an error with the ntdll.dll file, but I am not sure if that has anything to do with FSX.  This is frustrating.

The newest version of FSUIPC did not help.  My event log just says application hang, it doesn't give any specific details.  There was an error with the ntdll.dll file, but I am not sure if that has anything to do with FSX.  This is frustrating.

The error with ntdll.dll may indicate that you system is being over-taxed a bit.  I had it happen a couple of times if I had my AI slider a bit too high.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

But I haven't changed anything with regard to graphics in the sim and it had been running perfectly.  I see that windows did an automatic update on the 10th and that is when I started having problems, could that have messed up some system files?  Is it possible my antivirus is somehow interrupting the ntdll.dll file causing the issue?  I tried doing a system restore, but for whatever reason that didn't work.

What about the bloom affect?  I just started using that recently, but I wouldn't see how that is tied to the avionics master switch.

Lens Flare, Light Bloom have an effect on you CPU usage.  They are easy to un-check in the settings to see if that is the cause.  Sometimes the Windows Updates do some screwy things to your Graphics, like installing unwanted upgrades.  This also happened to me about 6 months ago and I spent about 3 hrs. trying to get my NVidia settings back to where they were.

What happens in your shut-down process if you leave the Avionics Master switch on?  That's one of the things in my default flight that is left in the ON position always.

Charlie Aron