Sign in to follow this  
Till

Adding FSX, already have FS2004

I have installed RC on my FS2004 and it is working with no issues. When I installed RC, I choose the install for FS2004 and it installed into a directory C:RC\RC4  Since then I have now installed FSX on my same machine.  I would like to use both FS2004 and FSX  with Radar Contact.   What procedure do I need to do to add RC to FSX now that I already have RC installed with FS2004 ?  What directory do I have it install the FSX files into ?

It has to be a separate folder to your FS9 one for FS path purposes. It's not critical how you name it as long as it's different and easily identifiable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

I run both on one machine without any problems. Just go ahead and install as Ray suggests.

Be sure you update fsuipc4 and makerwys.exe from the following links after installation as the older distribution ones will be placed in your FSX and FSX\modules folder respectively and then run the scenery rebuild again.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

If you put your new rcv4x folder on the same disk drive and placement as your current rcv4 folder your current registration key should work when it is requested. You should have that in last registration key e-mail. If you do not have that it is the last string of letters in the keyboard.dat file of your current rcv4 folder that can be copied and pasted into the registration screen. Make sure any leading or trailing spaces are eliminated adjacent to the letter string after pasting it into the registration dialog. Use notepad or wordpad to open the .dat file and make backups of the originals.

Avoiding registering again will save some time and not increment your registration count in the rc registration user database should you need a new key in the future.

When running dual rcv4s be sure your have a unique shortcut named for each and when running the scenery update be sure you put in the correct path for the fs version for the rc instance you have started. Some dual mode users have used the FS9 path instead of the FSX path when starting rcv4 in the rcv4x folder. The data is different.

I did the above. I have two separate folders, RCV4 and RCV4X.  FS9 is working, but FSX is not, even though I clicked onj the exe file in the RCV4x folder for FSX. The .exe in the RCV4x folder is the same name as the file in the RCV4 folder. Both are named rcv4.exe.  Is that correct ?  When I installed it, I chose to install both FS2004 and FSX.

Ok, RC for FSX seems to be working now.  Not sure what I did wrong initially.  still curious as to if the 2 exe files should be named the same for FS9 and FSX.

Ok, RC for FSX seems to be working now.  Not sure what I did wrong initially.  still curious as to if the 2 exe files should be named the same for FS9 and FSX.

The exe names will be the same. The only difference is where it's pointing to for the FS path and the different data required for the two FS programs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather