Sign in to follow this  
blackopscc1

How to set up outside view with panels on sub monitors?

I have my rig set up with 2 EVGA Nvidea 780s (3MB cards) running in SLI. Rig has 5 monitors, 3 x Asus 24 inch for the out-the-cockpit-window view, and two 18" running for the panels. I am trying to get the set up to look similar to a couple of rigs I saw on a flightsim.com multiple monitor thread. How do I configure the out-the-window view? When I try to undock screens, and drag to the monitors, I can't seem to get FSX to permit me to place the instrument panels in the 4th and 5th monitors.

The idea I am shooting for www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?235872-Multiple-monitors.

That PMDG MD11 is exactly what I am aiming for on my rig. I don't need the 6th monitor and the overhead ... yet :-)

I am trying to set up the three 24" set up in Surround, but FSX jams up as soon as it loads the textures. I get flashing blank screens, and have to end up re-booting the entire system. Take it out of surround, and FSX is happy as can be.  Anyone with any idea what I am doing wrong with surround, and how to configure the outside view on the three screens so I get no panels in it, etc? JT

JT, you seem to breaking nVidia's laws of physics.

The maximum monitors you can have with Surround enabled is supposed to be 4, ie 3+1.

In the forum post you link to, that guy is using a Matrox TH2Go for his three centre screens.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.