Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Any updates on 744V2?

Actually, the new forum rule should be 'enforced reading of stickied topics'. This way, the same questions don't get repeated over and over (like a monkey with a miniature cymbal). That is the cause of the repeated arguments - people will come in and start their own topic without having bothered reading all the other relevant information (either through laziness or ignorance) which is completely defeating the purpose of sticky topics - they are there to draw your attention!

Well no, topics don't go down hill because someone has made the fatal error of asking a question that's already been asked. Just because someone has not bothered to read a sticky, or asks a question that's already been asked... does NOT give us the right to be unkind to that person.

Topics go down hill as a result of a causal factor, a catalyst. Something like deliberately posting provocative, sarcastic replies would do it.

None of us know who we are communication with, what they have going on in their private lives. What hardship they have faced, or their mental state. For this reason we should respond in a friendly way. Lets give people some latitude, rather than berating them, or replying with sarcasm at the first opportunity.

How about this - If the fact that someone has asked a question that has been answered somewhere else in these forums infuriates you to no end, then leave the topic and do not revisit it.

If you're in these forums constantly you could easily tell by reading the title that this question has likely been answered before, and therefor does not require you to enter and partake in the discussion. In fact, all of you enforcers should be thanking z06z33 for using the right wording in the title he created. He did his best to summarize in the title what the discussion was going to be about. This is a huge time saver to you!

Also, I checked the "forum rules" topic. I didn't find anything in there that states specifically "READ THE ENTIRE MANUAL AND SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU POST ANY QUESTIONS". There's also nothing in there that states that highly enthusiastic PMDG clientele are obligated respond to questions in such a way as to deter other PMDG customers from even using the forums.

Adrian Brown

Hi everyone,

I am always amazed at how much one thing that has been said can be pulled apart and dissected and studied to the most minute of details, like in a court of law!   Brings the whole Barry Roux song back to mind - "I put it to you, it is true, everything you say I will misconstrue!"

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I really do think it may be worthwhile for everyone to step back, relax, take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath and enjoy the hobby!   I have to admit that I have posted on this issue before where people seem to jump on the guy who dares to ask a question's back if he/she dares to post about the same topic which may have appeared on the forums at some stage.

My opinion is this - even if someone asks a question that has been asked, where is the harm in giving him an answer or even pointing him to the right answer instead of flaming him?   I have done it before.   Although, what Kyle says does have some merit in it as well.   But then again, so does the argument of if you don't like what is said just skip it.   See where this is going?  Nowhere?   You are absolutely right!   That is because we are now discussing issues so far from the original question that I now have to go right to the top of the thread to even see what the question was all about!   Having said that, and without trying to be a PMDG spokesman, I think the tempers can flare a bit especially since they do get flamed no matter which business decisions they make, there will always be some crowd that disproves LOL!

Guys - live and let live!   I am looking forward to the 744/748 so much myself and cannot wait to see the first screenshots, although, I don't believe the SP and the -300 is that far off on the T7 side, and shortly after that we should get some news.   I am also so excited about the DC6 - man, what an addition to my hangar that one is going to be!

But part of the fun in this is the WAITING.   Then the reports with the screen shots, then the notice that we are in release week, then the darned bug that always seem to want to ruin the fun, then the release announcement which is always late at night in my part of the world.  

I think let us relax and just enjoy folks.

Kind regards

And to the original posting.....

Jw if there have been any updates or better yet screens of the 744V2?

The answer is 'NO'

This thread certainly gives everyone a snapshot of the current culture that exists within our hobby.

Wonderful isn't it?

No it's not. Plenty of room for improvement.

Hirdy

And to the original posting.....

The answer is 'NO'

Thanks.....

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks.....

Using the logic that has been applied in this forum, you could have jumped on that guy for not searching to see if the responses had already answered the original question. You could have also jumped on him for wasting everyone's time for having to read his post.

Adrian Brown

Why don't we all start asking questions that have already been answered to annoy lots of people and watch their reactions. That sounds like good fun. 

Dane Quartel 

Why don't we all start asking questions that have already been answered to annoy lots of people and watch their reactions. That sounds like good fun. 

I didn't do that for this for that reason. Also why does it bother people so bad when someone makes a new topic if it annoys someone they shouldn't look at the topic as I clearly stated what it was about in the header. And if someone brings up the "it wastes server space excuse" I doubt this topic takes more then a couple of hundred KB and that's nothing on a modern server and it would have taken less if everyone hadn't added 3 pages of jumping on my case and just let the topic go. I'm done posting in this topic and I'm done posting in the PMDG forum. MODS please lock this topic.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I didn't do that for this for that reason. Also why does it bother people so bad when someone makes a new topic if it annoys someone they shouldn't look at the topic as I clearly stated what it was about in the header. As for server space I doubt this topic takes more then a couple of hundred KB.

No It doesn't bother me. I was just making a comment to those who want to reply sarcastically avoiding the point on the topic. It something that we hide but the PMDG forum is not as nice and civilised as we think. 

Dane Quartel 

No It doesn't bother me. I was just making a comment to those who want to reply sarcastically avoiding the point on the topic. It something that we hide but the PMDG forum is not as nice and civilised as we think. 

Sorry, I mistook you what you meant my bad lol.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sorry, I mistook you what you meant my bad lol.

No one can know what I really meant from behind my keyboard.... (Insert evil laugh here)  :ph34r:

Dane Quartel