Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

Favorite aircraft you want PMDG to make: Round 3

Favorite Aircraft  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Which aircraft did you favor? The Boeing 787 Dreamliner or the Airbus A340

2. 2. Which airliner did you favor? The Airbus A330 or the Airbus A380

For those interested, there is an airliner bracket where you select what aircraft you wish PMDG will make for FSX. This is currently in Round 3. The options are:

Boeing 787 vs Airbus A340

Airbus A330 vs Airbus A380

Too bad the 757 and the 767 isn't part of it from the beginning as the former is no longer supported by QW and the 767 by LevelD feels outdated. Not just that, I can't decide on the 787 or the A340, and the A330 or the A380.

http://public.bracketeers.com/matchup.php?id=2964

This is my first topic I created by the way.

Júnior Silva

I have to agree with you on the 787 and 340. I really want a good one of both. It would be nice to see the 75 and 76 aswell I agree the Level-D is very outdated and the QW although still great is getting outdated too. I will say I would rather the 380 than the 330 though. The 380 would be out my hanger much more than a 330 would

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to agree with you on the 787 and 340. I really want a good one of both. It would be nice to see the 75 and 76 aswell I agree the Level-D is very outdated and the QW although still great is getting outdated too. I will say I would rather the 380 than the 330 though. The 380 would be out my hanger much more than a 330 would

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. Also, I am starting to feel like liking the A380 jumbo jet more than the A330.

Júnior Silva

I finally made a decision. Although I like Boeing Aircraft, I decided to go with the Airbus A340. It is a great classic. For option 2, I picked the Airbus A380 over the A330.

From what I saw, less than 10% gone with the A340 (as of the time I typed this). Also, the A380 has around half of votes. The results are from: http://public.bracketeers.com/matchup.php?id=2964

UPDATE: Now, the A340 and the A380 are gaining more votes in terms of percentage. A340 is now at 20% starting from 7% and is increasing rapidly. The A380 is nearing 60% opposed to 50%

Júnior Silva

The A340 is almost dead whereas the 787 is brand new and will expand a lot. Considering how tight with Boeing PMDG is, I'd absolutely love to see the 787 done by them. The A380 will have to wait for NLS and the 330 will be made by FSLabs when the 320 is done, which shouldn't take too long.

sig01.png

If PMDG did the 787 I would be soooo happy.

I also agree that the A340 is dead (as with the 747) judging by carriers switching to 2-engined, more fuel-efficient models.

Why are there two of these topics by two different people floating around?

Also, PMDG said they would never make the A380.

I will now crawl out from under my internet rock and say something, as this seems to happen a lot.  A quick search of here, or using a new fangled thing like Google, will tell you that the 787, A380, and A330 are all currently being developed, or are planned to be by other companies.  They all look fairly decent in quality as well.  Although customers are what keep companies rolling, this isn't PMDG's first rodeo.  They know what is optimal to put out on the market.  Besides, we already have multiple excellent aircraft out from PMDG, so we should enjoy those while PMDG makes their educated and executive business decisions B) 

Now, to slowing return to the deep, dark depths of the internet :ph34r: 

Cheers  

Why are there two of these topics by two different people floating around?

Doesn't mean they won't make it.

Doesn't mean they won't make it.

jackie-chan-wtf.png

I really don't understand thought processes here anymore.  :Doh:

I have learned on the first of April that you shloud never say never on this forum.

Weather radar sounds famailure?

A quick search of here, or using a new fangled thing like Google, will tell you that the 787, A380, and A330 are all currently being developed, or are planned to be by other companies.  They all look fairly decent in quality as well.

I agree with you with the 787 part (I didn't pick the 787 despite wanting it in PMDG form) as it is developed by Quality Wings. However, from what I know, the A380 and the A330 was developed by Wilco but it didn't stop Aerosoft from developing an A320/A321 Extended (that was developed by Wilco) or even PMDG from making a 777 (also made by Wilco).

Júnior Silva

I agree with you with the 787 part (I didn't pick the 787 despite wanting it in PMDG form) as it is developed by Quality Wings. However, from what I know, the A380 and the A330 was developed by Wilco but it didn't stop Aerosoft from developing an A320/A321 Extended (that was developed by Wilco) or even PMDG from making a 777 (also made by Wilco).

These products were old, outdated, and not exactly up to par.  If the new ones coming up will be up to par, then why try and make something on top of something else that was made to make another thing better.  Thing

hAN9F.jpg