Sign in to follow this  
hadi

Push to talk feature for MCE

Hello

It would be very awesome if a real push to talk feature  could be added to MCE.
You cannot imagine what the co-pilot does and how he ruines a flight when i talk to teamspeak3 to my friends or talking with vatsim controllers.
the num lock key function is very hard to use, since whenever i have to talk to ts3 or vatsim controllers i have to first push num lock, hold teamspeak/fsinn push to talk, speak, then push num lock again.
Though it'd be so easy if there was a push to talk key for talking to your co-pilot, so he wouldn't go crazy when i talk in front of the computer.

Cheers
Hadi

Hello

It would be very awesome if a real push to talk feature  could be added to MCE.

You cannot imagine what the co-pilot does and how he ruines a flight when i talk to teamspeak3 to my friends or talking with vatsim controllers.

the num lock key function is very hard to use, since whenever i have to talk to ts3 or vatsim controllers i have to first push num lock, hold teamspeak/fsinn push to talk, speak, then push num lock again.

Though it'd be so easy if there was a push to talk key for talking to your co-pilot, so he wouldn't go crazy when i talk in front of the computer.

Cheers

Hadi

Already implemented more than 3 years ago. Maybe documentation isn't clear about it.

Assign the <END> key as PTT in Teaspeak or whatever online app you are running, and whenever that key is held down, MCE will suspend all speech reco until you release the key.

It's also possible to use almost any other key as follows.

Go to FS installation folder and open "fsInsider.ini"

Change "VatsimPTT=0" to....

"VatsimPTT=17" to use left CTRL or right CTRL key

"VatsimPTT=32" to use Space bar

Save the flight and restart the sim. You will have 2 possible PTT options, the <END> key and whatever custom key you want to use.

Already implemented more than 3 years ago. Maybe documentation isn't clear about it.

Assign the <END> key as PTT in Teaspeak or whatever online app you are running, and whenever that key is held down, MCE will suspend all speech reco until you release the key.

It's also possible to use almost any other key as follows.

Go to FS installation folder and open "fsInsider.ini"

Change "VatsimPTT=0" to....

"VatsimPTT=17" to use left CTRL or right CTRL key

"VatsimPTT=32" to use Space bar

Save the flight and restart the sim. You will have 2 possible PTT options, the <END> key and whatever custom key you want to use.

Hi

Thanks, that was very useful!