Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

2 Problems with the DHM & Jerkiness

Hi Stephen,

I just reformatted & reinstalled my whole system and naturally my FSX and OPUS. Now i am having this problem of the tick not staying on the DHM box and the default view after i save the setup. To make matters worse, my Track IR is moving around . I have renamed both teh files in the Track IR folder. I am curently using build 5.2 on my track IR and the latest beta Opus 3.45.1.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards

Make sure after enabling the DHM option you then click Save All Cameras. This should save your camera views in your FSXSERVER.CAM file. If this file is not updated then you should check your sharing and permissions for your c:\OpusFSX folder (see the Getting Started Guide for Single PCs).

Your TrackIR should be connecting to the FSXTRACKIR interface program. You could open this console program and check the info displayed in its window. TrackIR should not move the eye point without connecting to this interface, so it should never connect direct to FSX when the FSXSERVER program is not running. If it does then search your system for any TrackIR manifest files, it won't connect without finding them. Also check you have enabled TrackIR in the Opus Configure dialog and set the TrackIR High Priority option to match what you had before on your system.

Stephen :-)

Thanks for your reply Stephen, With regards to the DHM, as mentioned i did save all camera views but always unchecks by itself after i save them.Will take a look at the getting started guide later.

Regards

DHM is only applicable to non Windowed views and will always reset if you have set the Windowed View option (software has no eye point control in Windowed Views). You can also lose the setting if your software is blocked from updating the CAM file.

If you cannot figure it out just email me your CAM file, sent as an attachment, and I will check it out.

Opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Stephen

In fact you could email me the file now if you want and I'll have a look.

Stephen

No problem. I have had a look at the software and when your Restrict Camera Views... the software does not include views configured for 'All Aircraft' in its list. I will change this tomorrow as I think this is likely the reason why you could not find a conflicting view. The view was probably an 'All Aircraft' type. I will post the change in the next beta. Hopefully that will allow you to sort out your views.

Hi Stephen, much appreciate your hardwork and help. Can always depend on you.

Thank you and i shall wait for the next update.

Regards

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your reply and looking into the issue. Really appreciate it!!

Regards

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to report back all is good. It just a bit jerky. Should i adjust the scan speed, xyz scalling or the pby scalling?

Regards

You should use default settings then try altering the Opus TrackIR High Priority option in the Configuration. Then try adjusting the scan rate. Etc..

Stephen