Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Speech recognition driving crazy!

I have been looking for days for a solution, i can't even get started with VOXATC...it's useless if i cant get a solution the this Speech recognition . My problem is From the speech recog control panel I select "Start Speech Recognition", and this is the error it gives: Title: Wizard could not launch, Heading: No Audio Input Device Found, Body:Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check you audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel.

It won't start the speech engine, and gives all kinds of errors consisting of "Your current default speech engine does not support this action at this time." or "The requested task cannot be carried out becuase the necessary engine could not be created. Please sleect a different engine and/or a different audio device." All devices are working, nothing is wrong with the hardware. Ive been through the knowledge bases and the forums, read most of he articles out there, but if I missed one, hopefully you guys can point it out to me. I appreciate you sharing my frustration, and I thank you very much for your input.

Bob

Also, did you configure your microphone/speakers/headset---input/output on both windows sound and any other sound interfaces (such as Realtek)?  You need to do that or VOX ATC won't recognize the speech source, nor will windows speech recognition.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Thanks for the replies, Yes my computer language is US-English.In the windows sound ,in the control panel, play back and recording set to USB headset.Thats all good because i can hear myself talking through the headset. As far as setting up other sound interfaces, I have SB Audigy sound card, but with the USB head selected , I shouldn't have to change anything in the Audio control Panel, because the USB headset acts as its on sound card.....I think.

...post error sorry...

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I had the same problem when I was using a USB headset. I had to switch and find a headset that was not USB and it worked for me.

I have USB headset and no problem at all.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I'm using VOXATC X 6.20, FSX, Windows 7, jeez, ya think its  USB headset issue????

I mean if you google this problem....no one has an answer....I can't believe it

Just tried my USB headset in another computer and set it up with Speech recognition.. no problem....damn if only VOXATC could be used on a network.... i'm up *******creek 

I'm using VOXATC X 6.20, FSX, Windows 7, jeez, ya think its  USB headset issue????

I mean if you google this problem....no one has an answer....I can't believe it

Just tried my USB headset in another computer and set it up with Speech recognition.. no problem....damn if only VOXATC could be used on a network.... i'm up *******creek 

Did you ever run something called "IOLO system mechanic" or "IOLO registry mechanic" on the machine where speech reco no longer works?

No I haven't, do you suggest to run one of these programs.... Are they registery cleaners?

No I haven't, do you suggest to run one of these programs.... Are they registery cleaners?

I don't know where is the problem on your computer but you ask about run IOLO system mechanic.

Just for info the answer is NO, never !

People who have installed this thing have lost speech recognition. The only solution was to reinstall W7 !

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

Perhaps you should contact Tegwyn, the developer of VOXATC.  He has always answered my e-mail questions, and usually in 24 hours.  I think you can contact him through the support dropdown on the VOXATC home page. 

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

what error do you see when you hit the 'setup a microphone' option (the one next to start speech recognition)?  does it have the right mic setup?

cheers

-andy crosby

As DrumsArt mentioned, don't install IOLO.

It does damage the speech engine in a subtle way. It remains listed, but when a speech based software tries to create items programmatically, you end-up with the kind of errors you reported.

It may not be installed right now, but you may have dabbled with it a while ago ad forgot about it.

Try a Windows repair without formatting. It might fix it.

Maybe it could be an out dated driver? Or even a BIOS update.

Are you using USB on the mother board? Is this a PC or laptop?

-Ray