Sign in to follow this  
KavindaJD

Reading .ogg/Vorbis files

I've been experimenting with the .ogg/Vorbis file format but there has been no success in reading these files.. They are compressed .mp3 files and can be opened with FLV Player but for some reason the application cannot even read them. I've used both this FSB Extractor as well as fsbext. FSB Extractor gave me .ogg/Vorbis whilst fsbext gave me a .CELT File format when extracting the FSB bank. I've previously talked to Orion about this and the .ogg files should be playable with FLV but no luck for me.

Here's what I've been doing, I've used the Tutorial1_loc.fsb file which is found under Microsoft Flight\Languages\CoreContent.en-US.pak\missions\Tutorial1.

ERANlnt.png

-The settings and messages on the FSB Extractor

tyQFE5I.png- The result from extracting the files within the bank.

2AqEVkM.png

- What happens when I try and open the .ogg files with FLV Player.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? How can I play these files?

Many Thanks!

The warning is highlighted; the resulting files don't have headers. Headers are necessary for file type information in order for it to be read properly by another program.

The warning is highlighted; the resulting files don't have headers. Headers are necessary for file type information in order for it to be read properly by another program.

I noticed that, but I had no idea what it meant. Are there any fixes for this? 

All the .fsb's that contain dialogue for Missions and the UI are in the .ogg/Vorbis file format, and all of them have no header. Would  this mean that none of the dialogue will be readable? If there isn't a fix of course....

Hopefully this might be helpful.

http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hopefully this might be helpful.

http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/

Thanks Devon, but I've already tried the installer and on the second image on my first post, Windows suggests opening the files with WMP. I've installed the DirectShow filter for WMP but it still gives me a message on the lines of not being able to read .ogg files.

I did try with audacity at first but it wouldn't let me import the .ogg files. I had to select import raw data at first. But now, it tells me to install the FFmpeg library? Now, I'm trying again.

So, I've tried again. With a fresh installation of Audacity and the FFmpeg library and LAME, but it still does not work.

Audacity did not recognize the type of the file 'C:\Users\.....Tutorial1_025.ogg'. If it is uncompressed, try importing it using "Import Raw."

This is the same problem I had when I PM'd you Orion, and I still don't know a fix. I posted that I'll try with Audacity, to make sure that it works and because I thought that I needed the FFmpeg library to import the .ogg files.

That's really weird, OGG files work on Audacity out of the box for me.

@Chaotic: I'm not sure what's going on either. What did you use to extract the .ogg files? Did you use Aezay's FSB Extractor or a different program. Does Audacity work with the .ogg files from the soundbank which I want to extract (Tutorial1_loc.fsb), or are you trying with a different soundbank?

Thanks again!

@Chaotic: I'm not sure what's going on either. What did you use to extract the .ogg files? Did you use Aezay's FSB Extractor or a different program. Does Audacity work with the .ogg files from the soundbank which I want to extract (Tutorial1_loc.fsb), or are you trying with a different soundbank?

Thanks again!

Yes, that's the extractor I used, but not with that soundbank. However Audacity will open any OGG file I throw at it.

Can you try opening an OGG file unrelated to Microsoft Flight? If it works, then the soundbank is the problem.

Yes, that's the extractor I used, but not with that soundbank. However Audacity will open any OGG file I throw at it.

Can you try opening an OGG file unrelated to Microsoft Flight? If it works, then the soundbank is the problem.

Thanks Chaotic! I opened a .ogg outside of Flight and it plays fine. I guess, it's the soundbank that's the problem. What Flight soundbank worked for you? 

Thanks Chaotic! I opened a .ogg outside of Flight and it plays fine. I guess, it's the soundbank that's the problem. What Flight soundbank worked for you? 

MissionsSFX, MissionsSFX_music and all aircraft soundbanks.