Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

Comparison - NGX vs T7

Hey everyone,

I just fired up the old NGX over the weekend to do some flying in it and I have to say that flying the T7 for a while and then returning to the NGX has given me so much more appreciation for the NGX!   Even after some time not flying it, getting back into it again and blasting off is a joy.

You can clearly feel that the T7 is a slightly more refined product but the two complement each other marvelously well.   Now looking forward to the 744 and 748 release!

Kind regards

I never quit flying the NGX when the T7 was released. I just slotted the T7 into a rotation that included the NGX and the MD-11. For me, the 744 and 748 are no longer relevant. Maybe when Version 2 is released.

The one advantage I see in the T7 is the importing of winds aloft from ASN or PFPX. I am OCD when it comes to getting the winds entered by waypoint. I mostly use the NGX on U.S. intercontinental flights so most of the time I am looking at entering winds for 15-20 waypoints. In the MD-11 entering winds for 35-50 waypoints can be a chore because the winds also need to be enter by altitude and waypoints. If step climbs are involved the entries can be a nightmare and very easy to wipe out if a mistake is made. I enjoy all three planes but because of the wind import feature it has to be the T7. 

The NGX and the T7 have their own pros and cons in my opinion. What I really like about the NGX is that is an "hands on" aircraft, as a pilot you are more in control of the systems, as where most of the T7 systems are automated. During normal procedures you don't really need to worry about switching off the packs during engine start for example. This is a strongsuit of the T7 and together with the ECL and more features it is a wonderful aircraft.

But sometimes, I would like to fly an aircraft that demands some more pilot actions, and the NGX fullfils this wish perfectly.

In the end, both simulations are beautifully modeled, and I really like to fly them both.

I did appreciate the NGX a lot more after the T7 was released. The triple 7 uses the same logic of operation but the mechanism is so much more automatic, so having the more hands on experience with the NGX was more greatly appreciated after I made the switch.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I did appreciate the NGX a lot more after the T7 was released. The triple 7 uses the same logic of operation but the mechanism is so much more automatic, so having the more hands on experience with the NGX was more greatly appreciated after I made the switch.

Fully agree. Initially overexcited by the big jet, I left the NGX rusting. That until recently I wanted to demonstrate the "power of the modern sim" to a RW pilot. I used the NGX and boy, did I thoroughly enjoyed the flight after the long break. Now I regularly fly short hauls with the 738. Maybe strong role to get me reattached with the NGX played the FS2Crew addon. Perhaps once the T7 version is out it will tip the scales again.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

when the wx radar impelemnted into the ngx, she is going to be an excellent bird.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

when the wx radar impelemnted into the ngx, she is going to be an excellent bird.

Of course what you meant to say is the ngx is going to be "a more excellent bird."

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I don't think the T7 and NGX are capable of being compared. While being from the same company and developer, they are very different in nearly every way. Since technology can't really devolve, I would say the T7 is more enjoyable from a flying standpoint, due to its upgraded, well, everything!

I have them in rotation, and look forward to both planes having their next respective service packs done.  Also since I'm OCD  :wacko: by only flying real liveries and routes, I absolutely can't wait for the -300ER  :lol: 

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

IMO, the 737 is a much better bird than the 777. I find it to be a much better product. I am not saying the 777 is bad, because it isn't -- but it is far from perfect. 

I enjoy flying the 737 a lot more, especially handflying it. I find the 777 to be a PITA to handfly -- anyone else notice just how high you must pitch the nose in a turn? It's crazy! 737 is a much easier bird to handle. Plus, I personally enjoy having more control over the systems than just flipping something to AUTO -- which, even then, some things don't work right. For example...half of the time, the 777's VNAV won't descend properly when I fly it. 737 works perfectly.

Maybe it's just me, but I have found the NGX to be a far better, more complete product than PMDG's 777. I hope SP1 can change my mind, because that's still $90 I'm missing from my bank account that I am not 100% satisfied with.

After all, new does not mean better!

Nate Guarasci

Of course what you meant to say is the ngx is going to be "a more excellent bird."

yes exactly

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I don't think the T7 and NGX are capable of being compared. While being from the same company and developer, they are very different in nearly every way......

I would agree. As they are two really different planes, (just look at their history) they are no really good to compare them.

However, from the simulation point of view (how well simulated they are) it is definitively possible. Although I love them both and I fly them both irrespectively any time the conditions allow me to, the 777 wins in two main aspects:

The simulation rate feature. As a husband and father of small children, it has change my simulation world dramatically. With the NGX I am constrained to small trips of 250-350 miles to try to keep it to around an hour, so you can guess the impact of the T7 simulation rate feature (if you don't, please leave it, this is a fact).

The facility to import enroute winds into the FMC, beautiful!

To me these are the two main advantages simulation wise (there may be more, but to me, not of this impact).

Cheers

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K