Sign in to follow this  
newtie

AI traffic in P3D?

Hi all-

Is anyone using something similar to UTII in P3D? Or, is there anything like it available may be the real question.

Thanks,

Mark

Anything that would work in FSX should work in P3D. Unless it's got a bunch of FS2004 models. Then all bets are off!

I am using MyTraffic X without issues here, there is also a Prepar3D version but the FSX version works fine.

Anything that would work in FSX should work in P3D. Unless it's got a bunch of FS2004 models. Then all bets are off!

All FS2004 models work very well - Most of the freeware AI models are FS2004 native (and many of the payware ones as well). It's some of the FS2002 models that are causing problems (HTAI especially). I use WOAI with lots of custom modifications. Works perfectly!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Nooooooooo, I wamt to use my HTAI Cessna package to keep me company. But I guess the older models can be left out. B)

I'm currently using MyTrafficX v5.4c that was released for P3D v1.x in P3D v2.2.

The excellent dev has provided an impromptu guide to getting MyTrafficX (either the FSX or P3D v1.x versions) to work in v2.2 over at the MyTraffic forums: http://forum.simflight.com/forum/151-mytraffic-for-prepar3d/

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Since v2.2 I can use My Traffic 2013 without problems, in v2.1 I had no AI traffic when MT 2013 installed that changed with v2.2. :)

I use Traffic 360 by Just Flight works with no problems.

I tried p3d v2 and i had the htai ai issues, it was well documented on the ai alpha forumn the issues with the lod.

I put it on the p3d forumns and they deleted the link.  I then asked for my money back.

14ppkc-6.png

I use My Traffic 2013 installed into P3D v2.2 with the Estonia Migration Tool and it works perfectly.   I can't imagine flying without it. 

C.

I have installed UT2 into P3D v2.2 with some easy manual editing of few files and it seems it works correctly ^_^

If someone needs step by step guide how to do it, I can describe it.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I'd love a step by step guide - I looked at a few posts about getting UT2 to work with P3D 2.2, but never felt confident enough I knew exactly what was meant to start tinkering...

Thanks

Eugene

I have posted steps in the other topic, so it is easy to find.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444156-ultimate-traffic-2-in-p3d-step-by-step-guide-without-migration-tool/

Let me know if this works for you since I have also made some other minor changes, but I don't think they should matter.

Hope that helps!

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I just put together a torrent that is hosting all the MAIW freeware files but converted for use in FSX/P3D

Of course you have asked permission from all the contributing freeware authors before deciding to pirate them ?

ShadyJ is a very apt username, well done on choosing that.

included in the files you have downloaded is a readme with the following information:

Use of Contents:

THESE FILES MAY ONLY BE UPLOADED TO AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM.COM BY THE AUTHOR(s)

THESE FILES MAY NOT BE UPLOADED TO ANY OTHER SITE WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN PERMISSION. THESE MODELS, REPAINTS AND FLIGHTPLANS ARE FREEWARE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, OR PUT ON ANY SITE THAT CHARGES FOR DOWNLOADING FREE FILES. THE FILES FOUND IN THIS ARCHIVE MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED ON CD OR ANY MEDIUM FOR ANY KIND OF FEE, INCLUDING THE COST OF PRODUCTION, MATERIALS OR POSTAGE.  THE MODELS, REPAINTS AND FLIGHTPLANS OWNERSHIP REMAIN WITH THE AUTHORS AS MENTIONED IN THE PACKAGE

Upload to FSPLANET.com will never be allowed by Military AI Works.

Any questions, suggestions and feedback on the contents may be directed to the forums at www.militaryaiworks.com