Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Black View Looking Thru 2D

Has anyone any idea why when using a Skylease MD-11F repaint, when looking out of the 2D window, all I see is a black view, (only in the 2D, not in any other views)yet when using an Avient MD-11F repaint it is clear? And the latter displays 4 CRTs whereas the former only 3.

Good day to you 10man

Not sure about the Avient MD-11F repaint         But I have had a Repaint for my MD-11 were the Lights wont show up at all    it could be a painters error 

I have asked many times on the site where I got the repaint  , No one answered me 

Did a test and downloaded different repaints  every thing was working fine    , Only with that specific repaint   you could have the same Issue 

Try a different repaint  or better from the original md11 repaints 

Good Luck Let  us Know 

Hi there,

can I ask you what is the paint you have and the light isn/t working with you?

Because I think it was my paint "Saudi Arabia Airlines MD-11".

If is it you have to choose the other paint

Thank you ...

Alsenaidy, Mansour M.

SVA995 @ IVAO

FSX

PMDG 747 4&8, 777, 737 and MD-11

I do  not think it was your 'Saudi Arabia Airlines MD-11' repaint for the simple reason, I do not use repaints of aircraft that do not exist in an airlines' fleet.

That Skylease repaint was an official Avsim repaint, so it'll have nothing to do with your repaint.

Has anyone any idea why when using a Skylease MD-11F repaint, when looking out of the 2D window, all I see is a black view, (only in the 2D, not in any other views)yet when using an Avient MD-11F repaint it is clear? And the latter displays 4 CRTs whereas the former only 3.

Rick, have you tried to send an email to the painter?  He replied to the other guy who butted in on your post.

Hi there,

can I ask you what is the paint you have and the light isn/t working with you?

Because I think it was my paint "Saudi Arabia Airlines MD-11".

If is it you have to choose the other paint

Thank you ...

Alsenaidy, Mansour M.

SVA995 @ IVAO

FSX

PMDG 747 4&8, 777, 737 and MD-11

Have you got a link to the other repaint?

Good day to you 10man

Not sure about the Avient MD-11F repaint         But I have had a Repaint for my MD-11 were the Lights wont show up at all    it could be a painters error 

I have asked many times on the site where I got the repaint  , No one answered me 

Did a test and downloaded different repaints  every thing was working fine    , Only with that specific repaint   you could have the same Issue 

Try a different repaint  or better from the original md11 repaints 

Good Luck Let  us Know 

You should start a new thread and not piggy-back onto this one.

\Robert Hamlich/

Rick, have you tried to send an email to the painter?  He replied to the other guy who butted in on your post.

Have you got a link to the other repaint?

You should start a new thread and not piggy-back onto this one.

How did u figure this out MR smart ??     

Are u sitting in ur comfy chair  thinking what to tell people what u think they should do 

hint  if you cant help in                in participating in the topic   

then it is best not to say anything 

Please dont assume and dont start something   I dont have time to read this and wast my time 

Are u sitting in ur comfy chair  thinking what to tell people what u think they should do 

Please dont assume and dont start something   I dont have time to read this and wast my time 

How very rude of you.  I do indeed help people, if you took the time to read my post's then you will see I have been extremely helpful.  All I did my dear friend was to suggest that you start a new thread as it will garner more attention and result in an answer, that's all.

Rick,

Is there a Texture.cfg file in the texture repaint folder that you downloaded.

It should contain the following:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\texture.VC
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Can you post a link to the download, I'll have a look at it and see if I can find anything wrong with it.

\Robert Hamlich/

You don't have time? You do now... Abusive post.

Hi Robert

Many thanks for your posts, help and suggestions. Sorry that you had to cop flak on my behalf.

Will look into that particular Texture.cfg and report back. 

Trouble is when one has several aircraft in one's hangar, one must rotate usage otherwise it becomes just another buy that collects dust in the hangar.

Planning to visit Vancouver later this summer. Missed out last summer as I was too busy exploring around Lake Louise, Banff, etc

Edit:

Here we're, Robert. Looks as per your suggestion:

fallback.1=..\..\PMDG_MD11\texture
fallback.2=..\..\PMDG_MD11\texture.VC
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Hi Rick,

I downloaded 2 FSX repaints, one from Bill Hardy (has a tail logo fix) and the other from Gustavo Aguiar.  They both appear to be okay in all views.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=skylease&CatID=fsxacrp&Go=Search

Lake Louise and Banff are amazing parts of the country and you will find the Vancouver area has just as much beauty.  Be sure to get up to Whistler which is very rugged and mountainous and the Okanagen Valley which is quite arid and has some of the best wineries in the country.

Cheers,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert

Thanks for your answer. I was certain my memory was not letting me down when I stated I'd got that repaint from here, and Gustavo Aguiar is a noted repainter.

When travelling by coach, from arrival in Calgary to Banff, the driver,----------who incidentally came from that same part of Lac-Megantic, Quebec where that oil train caught fire rolling backwards, just as I was reading about it on my smarphone via wi-fi on the BBC and telling him about it,------------- told me that there is what used to be formerly the CP version of getting a train from Toronto-Jasper. Anyway you can verify this for me? If you can, thanks in advance. It's been my lifelong dream to travel by railroad on that route.

Dear Robert Halmich

What I have is a Saudi Arabian Airline PMDG MD-11 Passenger. if you want it please! just let me know.

Dear Rick Almeida

I know what is the problem in your PMDG MD-11F paint, it is from the aircraft texter. when he do it he cut and pase but he didnt select the window to background. He send it to the front, so you can not see the window lights.

I hope that help you and I am so sorry if I didn't.

Alsenaidy, Mansour M.

SVA995 @ Ivao

PMDG 744&8, 777, 737 and MD-11

Thanks Alsenaidy, I will keep it in mind.  Hopefully Rick will be able to fix the repaint with your help.  I was thinking it might be a texture issue.  Good find!

\Robert Hamlich/