Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Jury is still out

Browsing the forums it seems like the FeelThere model has more system depth and better FPS than the Carenado.

But this one sure is pretty...I find it a tad expensive for the system depth (or lack of) offered. It actually looks better in my FSX Acceleration than in P3DV2.2

Hope you like....

Thanks for looking

You're kidding me? ...... these are photos of the real thing, right?

Absolutely beautiful!

I agree that the Carenado model is too systems light really, and that the feelThere version although far inferior in terms of texturing and modelling, has better systems;  for example, at least it has a proper working FLC climb mode (rather than fudging the FSX autothrottle on an aircraft that doesn't even have an autothrottle, as the Carenado model does!).

Personally, I hope Carenado stick to what they do best - exquisite modelling of less complex aircraft.  That way you get the beautiful visuals and the aircraft is still convincing to operate.    

Going 'complex' was Captain Sim's downfall IMHO;  remember when they stuck to old, less complex jets like the Legendary, with basic autopilots etc...... back in those times (c.2004), Captain Sim was a name aligned with quality.   Their C130 was fab too, and their 707 pretty good.   Then came their 767 with faulty VNAV, etc, etc, etc, and the rest, sadly, is history.

Developers should capitalize on the things that they do really well IMHO.   For Carenado that is literally the best modelling and texturing in the industry - but their systems modelling is well, well, below par.

This is probably why I've bought most Alabeo releases lately, and haven't bought the last few Carenado releases (from the TBM onwards).

Sorry for the waffle, and again FAB PICTURES!   :smile:

Nice looking plane.

nebojsa

Personally, I hope Carenado stick to what they do best - exquisite modelling of less complex aircraft. That way you get the beautiful visuals and the aircraft is still convincing to operate.

Absolutely.  They could redo some of their old airplanes, make them Prepar3D ready, fix some sins in the flight modelling and they'd be brilliant.  C182Q, C210 come to mind but others as well.

I'm hoping that yet another company will take a crack at the TBM.  I'd say Flight1 would do well but they've done the ol' 'hit my hand' trick to themselves with P3D.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd say Flight1 would do well but they've done the ol' 'hit my hand' trick to themselves with P3D.

Going to be funny watching them wriggle free from some of their statements once the market moves forward to P3D.

The Feelthere bird works perfectly in P3D and the VC seems to look better there than it did in FSX, the colours seem to be more convincing.

Beautiful Shots.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

beautiful shots, Q_flyer, agree with your comments about developers, +1, I have been burned like everybody else....

Surprised to see you are still flying default aircraft  BrzI.  :biggrin:

hehe...a sucker for good looks am I

Still FS9.5-ing Ed?

hehe...a sucker for good looks am I

Still FS9.5-ing Ed?

Very much so. Still flying my old smokers around…..but even my old girls have engine management and IAS hold (FLC) B)

There is no getting around writing custom coding if one wants a realistic flying experience in FS.

Having said that…Carenado's model is so beautiful I would probably have one in my hangar as well. :biggrin: