Sign in to follow this  
MrSnapp

Suggestions for New Aircraft

Hello,

I know this is an opinionated question and I like that.

I have the PMDG Boeing 777 and I am looking for something smaller around the $30-$60 range. Please don't suggest the 737. I'm looking for more business jet type.

Thanks guys

If you're looking for a "real" business jet, you could take a look at the Carenado Phenom, but as a PMDG user, you might miss the 777's system depth. The only serious business jet simulations I know of are Eaglesoft's planes, but they are visually a bit dated.

However, you could still use the 737 in a business jet livery (which is what I do every now and then with iFly's 737), and the same applies for Aerosoft's Airbus X Extended - but be aware: That plane simulates only the Captain's normal operations, and an Airbus is definitely a completely different kind of animal than a Boeing!

The last option that comes to my mind is to wait for Aerosoft to release the CRJ. That plane might be more of a business jet (although of course a bit large), but it is still under development (although it seems to be in a more or less final stage already).

If you're looking for a "real" business jet, you could take a look at the Carenado Phenom, but as a PMDG user, you might miss the 777's system depth. The only serious business jet simulations I know of are Eaglesoft's planes, but they are visually a bit dated.

However, you could still use the 737 in a business jet livery (which is what I do every now and then with iFly's 737), and the same applies for Aerosoft's Airbus X Extended - but be aware: That plane simulates only the Captain's normal operations, and an Airbus is definitely a completely different kind of animal than a Boeing!

The last option that comes to my mind is to wait for Aerosoft to release the CRJ. That plane might be more of a business jet (although of course a bit large), but it is still under development (although it seems to be in a more or less final stage already).

Thanks mate. I'm looking at the Phenom 100 but I'm hearing mixed feelings.

If you're looking for a "real" business jet, you could take a look at the Carenado Phenom

There is nothing "real" about the Carenado Phenom.

It basically does not model the Phenoms systems at all, not even close.

The Feelthere Phenom while not being as "pretty" at least gets the systems right, FLC, VNav, VS, CSC modes are all there. Take off config button is there as well ,along with built in Goflight drivers and a fully tunable autoflight system via cfg file.

It also has a load editor with a keymapping facility.

And Carenado still insist that FLC is not possible in FSX, how sad is that.

There is nothing "real" about the Carenado Phenom.
It basically does not model the Phenoms systems at all, not even close.

Sorry, my bad - what I meant with "real" was not the level of realism (I thought I made that clear with the second part of that sentence, but obviously not); I rather meant that most people forget that the B737 (as well as the smaller Airbusses, btw) are also used as business jets, but we don't think of them as such, whereas Learjets or the Phenom come quickly to everyones mind when we talk about business planes.

Eaglesoft Citation X v2.0. It's now 4 years old but still the best business jet out there. It has great system depth, yet being a Citation it is very easy to go from cold and dark to taxi, and not take 30 minutes to do it. 98% of buttons and switches are functional. The aircraft is sweet to hand fly, and the FMC is fully functional. You can blow all traffic away cruising at 0.86-0.9M at FL400 or you can take it easy flying at 10,000 ft on a short hop. It's just a fun aircraft all around. Oh, and the external model just looks good on the ramp or in the air, especially with winglets. ESDG really nailed the look and feel of this aircraft. Even the FADEC works.

Oh, FLC works as it should, too.

Todd

Eaglesoft Citation X v2.0. It's now 4 years old but still the best business jet out there. It has great system depth, yet being a Citation it is very easy to go from cold and dark to taxi, and not take 30 minutes to do it. 98% of buttons and switches are functional. The aircraft is sweet to hand fly, and the FMC is fully functional. You can blow all traffic away cruising at 0.86-0.9M at FL400 or you can take it easy flying at 10,000 ft on a short hop. It's just a fun aircraft all around. Oh, and the external model just looks good on the ramp or in the air, especially with winglets. ESDG really nailed the look and feel of this aircraft. Even the FADEC works.

Oh, FLC works as it should, too.

Todd

Thanks Todd. I'll look into that one. :)

If you ask me, the business jet market is the weakest part of FSX...tons of opportunities.  ESDG is working on an upgraded jet...no timeline yet but it's supposed to have a much improved VC.  The only other business jet that I can think of is the Flight1 Citation Mustang.  I own it and do enjoy flying it.  The VC visuals are good...not superb.  The systems as well...good but not superb.  A good mix.  Not a blazing fast aircraft but it's fun.  Very much looking forward to the new ESDG jet when it's out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you ask me, the business jet market is the weakest part of FSX...tons of opportunities.

It is a mystery to me Gregg, over the years there has never been that many devs interested in this segment.

It is probably the systems that put most devs off doing them, it did not stop Carenado though, if you can't code it, make it up seems to be how they work.

Lets hope someone like Milvis gets involved in this segment, Eaglesoft have been great as well and Feelthere are underated imho

Lets hope someone like Milvis gets involved in this segment

Milviz is working on the Avanti...not a jet but as close as you can get, I think.  Certainly business class.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

King Air 350i too, a little slower then the Avanti but a nice corporate aircraft

ESDG is currently developing the Citation XLS+ and it will include the complete Proline 21 suite. After that, it looks like the CJ1+ will get a full Proline 21 upgrade, followed by the Beech 400XP. Not a bad lineup for the next 2-3 years, if you ask me. Until then the Honeywell Primus avionics suite in the Citation X is the best avionics simulation in a business aircraft that we have for flight sim.

Todd

Although you mention jets, I would not overlook turboprops. The Majestic Dash 8 Q400  is my  favorite plane, and has its own simulation program. It is fun to fly (but hard to land), and is  a STOL aircraft and so can use short runways. If you want something smaller, the Flight 1 Beech Super King Air B60 is also very realistic.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I was about to say Flight1 Mustang or King Air... Comparable speeds at altitude - G1000 has more features and is more fps friendly in the mustang.

The king air is just a wonderful aircraft - updatable navdata too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |