Sign in to follow this  
Sangam Gupta

Clouds Issue

Same here. I went back to using AS2012 textures and things look much better. Are you guys using high dynamic range lighting?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I had the same issue - still have. Couldn't find a workaround so I'm sticking to FSX.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Yeah, I see the same ting with Rex4+ASN. Tried OpusFSX and Rex WX and it looked much better for some reason. Went back to Rex Essentials OD and tried reinstalling ASN again, seemed a little better, but still not FSX quality. Almost look like ASN is not using more than a few of the available textures, like a bunch of small puffy clouds put together whereas Opus and Rex use big clouds like your 1st image...

Edit: After a little more testing, the difference between the engines are less than I thought, but yes, clouds do look better in FSX, even when using the same textures...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Using Opus gives me almost the same clouds as in FSX.

Maybe it depends on the weather engine.

Hi,

This issue is related to how the light affects the clouds and has nothing to do with the weather engine used. It can be reproduced (both in FSX and P3D) using manual weather (with no engine active as I said), selecting an overcast stratus cloud layer and selecting dusk/dawn. This can easily be seen in P3D using time preview.

In addition, don't forget that ASN for P3D is still in public beta phase (thus constantly adapting to any changes made in the cloud depiction from the "host" application), so things may (and will) change. Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

It's something with P3d's lighting. I'll agree, it looks kinda terrible. 

It seems every cloud has this ugly dark shade to them and they don't seem to blend with the distant fog so they look too clear far a way.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png