Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Rex 4 Direct does not install

Hello,

I run into an installation error with Rex Direct. It happens just at the beginning and the error message comments about administrator...

- I have read the installation readme

- I have switched off the AV

- I have not chosen a x86 or program files, but a separate path

- I have search the net and found out that similar problems have occurred

- I have wondered myself how is this possible after a almost a year in the market

- I have attempted to log in to the producer´s web site in vain

Any ideas?

I just saw your post on the REX Forum verification thread.  All you have to do is place your order number in there and the guys will be more than happy to help you out.

They will not offer support here without verification. TBH your post there is rather abrupt and why no order number in there?  Just a rant about trying to get support.

Doogie

REX beta tester

edit   I`ve contacted the devs for you.  If you are having trouble copying/pasting your order number try using using a different browser. There is a bug in the forum software and the way it interacts with IE11.  The same bug was happening here on Avsim.  Firefox works fine.

As doogie has suggested all you need to do is  type your order number in your post or better still in your signature block

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello,

I run into an installation error with Rex Direct. It happens just at the beginning and the error message comments about administrator...

- I have read the installation readme

- I have switched off the AV

- I have not chosen a x86 or program files, but a separate path

- I have search the net and found out that similar problems have occurred

- I have wondered myself how is this possible after a almost a year in the market

- I have attempted to log in to the producer´s web site in vain

Any ideas?

Don't EVER disable your antivirus. Also, can you post the exact error message?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

what they mean by switching of your av  is  during  the installation  and downloading  since some av   can cause corrupt   downloads and installation

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok, thank you for your suggestions. I'll try there someday again.

Kind of strange though that in order to get just textures, I have to switch to a different internet browser, fight with a faulty installer, get myself typing manually numbers and letters in a buggy forum enviroment. Easy, huh? A bit off limits for a 13€ investment.

In some German forum they spoke that I should create a file called "administrator" to get it installed, but unfortunately my language skills prevented me to comprehend the rest. That part goes together with the error message I received. I'll report back when I get back to my pc.

Think you getting confused here with textures (don't know  whats  textures got to do with  the forum)  and typing  manually  typing  in numbers etc  and yes its quite easy and the forum is very helpful and its not buggy as you described.

In short   to download  don't use  the standard  web browser download manager, use  another download manager  to download

to extract  same  again don't use  the standard web  to unzip use WinRAR   free to download

1   Download the rex4  in a folder on  your desktop 

2   Unzip the exe whilst in the folder

3   Now disable your av   and by right clicking your mouse button select admin  to   install  the program( do not install it in the fsx folder)

4    Once installed   open the rex4   and fill out  the blank areas on where your fsx is installed

5     than select your textures and  save  and than start fsx  and away you go no need to open up rex4 unless you want  to change your textures

6   always   run rex4  as admin rights  the same  as  your fsx

Peter kelberg

Hi Nurmblitz,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You may contact me at tfuchs AT rexgamestudios DOT COM and I will gladly help you along.

Within the email, please place a link to this thread.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hello,

and  I found the solution by googling long enough.

I had to create a new user for my Computer called "Administrator".

After that Rex 4 got installed easily just a minute ago. Now I´m off to test them.

Guess it would have saved a lot of time and my nerves if the installation instructions would have pointed this out. I read them to keep out of trouble.

Thanks.

Well, wasn´t that a short test.

The Rex interface does not fit my screen and the active click spots are unreachable.

I know how to solve this, but is this for real? Is there a hotfix or something to make this user friendly from the beginning...

Oh yes, slowly but surely my Rex test flight is coming closer, there was indeed a hotfix to get the clickspots visible.

Getting better all the time.

Your hesitance to contact us for proper support is a concern. Also, these issues were clearly fixed some time ago and the stores have been updated accordingly during that time.

You've been advised on where and how to contact us, I await your compliance.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Perhaps a easier way of supporting your customers would be a bigger cause for concern. Believe me, I was far from hesitant yesterday when I came behind your forum door. The door just was too heavy for my virtual fists.

Anyway, I finally got up in the air and for a sales price it was certainly worth it. Quite nice.

Wow some attitude   you got  there , he came in here asking you to contact him which seems you just simply ignored,  wonder why is  that  one seems  to ponder that thought.

Peter kelberg

Why not solve these kind of problems here? That is why we got forums.

Now the solution is here for all to read. Next fellow simmer saves three hours and can enjoy his simulator all that time rather than googling.

You had support  from the dev himself which seems  that you  didn't  want  to respond to, so  isn't  that help.The reason to sign your order number in the verification forum is  to check if you got a legal copy of  rex4.   That's why Tim was concerned in his past post where you failed  to contact  him with the details, if  you have in the mean time  than that's good

Peter kelberg

He obviously doesn't want to contact the REX staff with the order number, simply because there's no order number. It's an illegitimate copy

vatsim s3

1133704.png