Just got an interesting email from Amazon. Had preordered the new Saitek X55 from Amazon last month and just got an email from Amazon this morning, telling me the item is not longer available from the supplier (Saitek?) anymore and my order is being cancelled. I wonder what that is all about?

Strange!

I had a preorder in through Amazon as well and they moved it from April 1st to May 1st, so I cancelled my preorder. I bet this would have happened to me as well.

I'd try buying direct from Saitek or email their support and ask what's going on.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x55.html

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

"Only 0 Left 

2nd Pre-Order Batch Closed. Current pre-orders shipping soon... "

Maybe that's why. I also preordered the X55 but looks like I won't be getting it soon.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Apparently, not only is the 1st batch of preorders sold out, but they are not accepting orders for the second batch of preorders as they are also sold out! I guess Amazon is just giving up on getting them anytime soon. This is going to be one hot item, I guess. They should be showing up on Ebay soon, at outrageous prices.

Sorry Chris F , I guess we both posted at the same time.

Apparently, not only is the 1st batch of preorders sold out, but they are not accepting orders for the second batch of preorders as they are also sold out! I guess Amazon is just giving up on getting them anytime soon. This is going to be one hot item, I guess. They should be showing up on Ebay soon, at outrageous prices.

Sorry Chris F , I guess we both posted at the same time.

No worries and yeah, I've seen one on eBay for $400 already.  :mellow:

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I'd hazard to bet that all the space sims that are coming out soon such as Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous are probably driving a market for the X-55 that we in the flight sim community aren't used to seeing.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I rather lucked out....    :lol:   Which is very rare for me, I never get lucky when looking for stuff like this early.

I use a computer store up here (Edmonton, AB) for all my parts and stuff by the name of Memory Express; have been doing so for many years now.  A few weeks ago I noticed that they had a product listing for the X-55 on their site, so I started checking ever other day or so to see if they were getting stock in.  Last Thursday I checked, although they didn't show stock in Edmonton, they showed stock in both their Winnipeg and Richmond stores.  The person I talked to in the store here in Edmonton said they sold out here instantly.  Although they don't do stock transfers, I managed to get the extremely helpful people in their online sales department to sell & ship me one from their Richmond stock!

It showed up in the mail on Monday.  Very, very happy with it.  I spent a couple of hours immediately after un-boxing doing touch and goes with Dino's F-14.  Very nice solid controls, although I will have to test the other springs since the one that ships in it is pretty stiff for my liking.

The timing was quite convenient too, since my X-52 stick had just started to seriously act up.  The thing is quite a bit beefier than the X-52 by the way.  Going to have to make a new chair mount for it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just wanted to give an update, it's in-stock now on Newegg.

Chris Ferguson