Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

EXT/APU

Ok i'm running FS2Crew and this is a dumb question but i just can't answer it :( ext/apu in the config panel what is it? Am i right its the apu on the plane thats running and its got GPU connected to it? If am right why? Is the EXT/AC not the same thing? And why the GPU on the ext/apu if the apu can provide its on power?

Vernon Howells

Ok i'm running FS2Crew and this is a dumb question but i just can't answer it :( ext/apu in the config panel what is it? Am i right its the apu on the plane thats running and its got GPU connected to it? If am right why? Is the EXT/AC not the same thing? And why the GPU on the ext/apu if the apu can provide its on power?

First, this should've gone in the FS2Crew forum, as it's their product (the config panel) that you're having an issue with.

Second, you need only look at the label on the box that's confusing you.  It says "PWR/AIR Source."  As such, it's referencing where the power and the air are coming from.  The given options are:

• APU - for both power and air
  • EXT/AS - external power (GPU) with air start (AS - high pressure air)
  • EXT/AC - external power (GPU) with air cart (AC - low pressure air)

This information was taken from the manuals for FS2Crew, located here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=configuration_panel

Manuals are written for a reason - read 'em.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your response but its still part of the 737 ngx its the systems i'm getting my head around which are part or get connected to the aircraft. Its the EXT/APU which i can't find information on

Vernon Howells

that's because its part of  the fscrew2 addon as Kyle has mentioned its all in the fscrew2 manual on whats things are used for

if you select ext/apu   and run the pf  checks, the aircraft  will have the gpu connected and after you have completed the preflight checks you speak apu on the bus and when the fo does this you speak cockpit to ground please disconnect ext power which he will remove  the gpu

All is explained in the manual

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks pete :) one other thing my FO disconnected the ground power on the before start procedure and i lost all power this doesn't say he does this on the flow? You see him going into the FMC and removing the wheel chocks! If i knew this i would of started the apu.

Vernon Howells

Thanks pete :) one other thing my FO disconnected the ground power on the before start procedure and i lost all power this doesn't say he does this on the flow? You see him going into the FMC and removing the wheel chocks! If i knew this i would of started the apu.

Sent you a pm on the flows of apu/ext    just follow  the flows and you should be ok think you missing a step some where since the fo wont do anything unless you tell him to

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks pete but my fo disconnects the wheel chocks in the FMC on the before start procedure! I'll check yer PM now mate

Vernon Howells