Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

Dash 8 for FS9

Hi out there

is there a good payware aircraft of the Dash 8?

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Only two are available. Both old.

PSS ... developed for FS2002, updated for FS9.

Majestic ... which is systems rich but panels are poor visually.  Both are available from the usual online merchants.

Both feature  FMC's which can be updated with latest NavData.  I seem to recall the Majestic uses PMDG's data though I will happily stand corrected on that.

I seem to recall the Majestic uses PMDG's data though I will happily stand corrected on that.

It actually uses the PSS native navdata (via a conversion tool in the aircrafts folder)

--Xavier

It actually uses the PSS native navdata

Nope!  Both wrong Xavier.  :rolleyes: 

I was mixed up ... the Maddog uses the PMDG data whilst the Majestic uses Feelthere NavData.

I have the Majestic Dash 8-300 and it's a fine aircraft, fun to fly with quite a good systems depth. I wish there were a good 400q available though.

Where I can get the Majestitic Dash 8 for fs9?

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

A brief search brought the surprising result (well to me because it still is one of the best turboprop liners for FS9) that it doesn't seem available anymore, only the very expensive training version.

The PSS Dash 8 is available under the Just Flight label. Seems to be cheapest at the flightsimstore (Aus$36.30).

OK

Thank you all for answering so quickly.

I think I'll buy the Flight 1 ATR instead of the PSS Dash8, becuse the PSS Dash 8 is very old, I saw the Pictures.

The ATR is also a Turboprop and is similar to a dash.

FlyingEngineer

I also own the Flight1 ATR and it is still a very nice aircraft! I fly the ATR more often than the Dash 8, in fact. There are also plenty of repaints available.

I bought it and it's fantastic!

It's true that there are many liveries and Options to set!

FlyingEngineer