Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Which Graphics Card?

Finally ready to upgrade my 570 as the cloud shadows are just a no go with it. I'm looking to buy used in the $300 range.

So that leaves me with the following options:

1) 770 4gb

2) 680 4gb

Both can be had around the same price. Are they similar enough in v2.2 that I should grab whatever I get cheapest?

or I can go AMD with a R9 280x 3gb, which is cheaper but in other games has roughly the same performance as the two cards above.

Ended up getting an AMD R9 290x, which should be head and shoulders above the aforementioned cards. 

Just won the bidding on ebay for less then a 770 4gb would of cost me. The seller had it labeled as a regular 290 (plus ending in the middle of the day cost him bidders) but all the pictures showed a 290x so I'm gambling a bit. 

We'll see if my gamble pays off. If not, I still got it for a price less then most 290's sell for and the 290 4gb still outperforms a 770 4gb as well. 

I hope it works out for ya  :drinks:

I just hope it isn't a retired mining card. Wouldn't necessarily make it bad, but definitely something to consider. Especially with non-X 290s, as they were extremely popular with the mining community.

Regards,

Brian Doney