Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg released

Just released today and looking quite impressive! My finger was hovering over the purchase button when I first saw this but I decided to hesitate when I noticed that the install size for this was 3.2GB which is 1.2GB more than Mega Airport Dublin. I think I might just wait and see some reviews on this specifically with regard to performance (I am certain that visually it will be a masterpiece!) as flying one of my favourite aircraft (the PMDG 777) into Dublin pushes my VAS usage up into the high 3s and I just wonder whether Mega Brandenburg (given it's install size) might push it above the dreaded 4 particularly if flying there from another detailed airport! Hesitate as I may now however, I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I give in to the overwhelming temptation to buy it!!

Bill

The real airport costs an insane amount of money while the virtual one costs an insane amount of hard disk and virtual address space. Running this one must be like opening a can of cola or beer. You don't know if it will explode or not.

Obligatory BER joke: But at least this one got finished in a reasonable amount of time!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

29Palms is great. The performance will be great i guess. Unfortunately there is no try before buy version like FSDT or FlightBeam :/.

Philipp Schwaegerl

This makes FSX a lot more unrealistic you know? The real airport will not be opened before 2016...

Apparently the VAS usage is only about 230MB more than the default which is pretty impressive considering the size of this addon - finger hovering ever closer to the purchase button! :wink:

Bill

News Flash; it's a game, none of it is real......

Please check this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

If not clear, read up on the BER project history. If still not clear, refer to the history of almost every large building project in Berlin.

But I realize one should not use sarcasm or irony on the net, someone will always take it at face value...

News Flash; it's a game, none of it is real......

If not clear, read up on the BER project history. If still not clear, refer to the history of almost every large building project in Berlin.

But I realize one should not use sarcasm or irony on the net, someone will always take it at face value...

Now straighten up, both of you!!!   :lol:

"Two AFCAD versions that can be switched to your liking: BER open or SXF only"

[...]

I realize one should not use sarcasm or irony on the net, someone will always take it at face value...

The problem might just be that sarcasm is sometimes a bit hard to detect in written language, I wasn't totally sure about how your first post was meant, either. -_-

I'd be very interested in the performance of that airport, as it would fit very well into my short haul routes out of Vienna (another one of those unrealistic airports by the time it was released, btw :P) and Innsbruck.

The problem might just be that sarcasm is sometimes a bit hard to detect in written language, I wasn't totally sure about how your first post was meant, either. -_-

I'd be very interested in the performance of that airport, as it would fit very well into my short haul routes out of Vienna (another one of those unrealistic airports by the time it was released, btw :P) and Innsbruck.

Ok I'll admit that this one might be more or less hard to detect, depending on whether you're from Germany and following the farce that this airport building project is turning out to be - or not.

So I'll add an official sarcasm-detection hint:  ;-)

Anyone tested it in DX10 with the Fixer? How is the performance compared to Aerosoft Munich? 

Yeah I know the questions are specific, but these are important aspects before I grab my credit card.  ^_^

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I've just loaded this up with 2048 textures, pmdg T7, asn etc and the performance is amazing.

Will fly Vienna, Berlin tomorrow when I've got some more time.

Have bought it also and had a flight into BER from FRA today. I confirm that the performance here is great and the VAS usage of BER is only about 300 (that is with fairly light settings on the configurator that comes with it) despite the fact that it is a considerably larger addon than Mega Dublin!

Bill

Oh, boy... one more thing for my "to-buy" list, alongside Dublin's airport, Gary's new Heathrow, the upcoming PMDG 777-300ER and ASN. 

...and there goes my money.  :P