Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

777 VC shadows

Ignore the image quality, these where taken in Windowed. Looks much better in fullscreen.

It adds a great deal of immersion watching the shadows move as the aircraft turns. And sorry, I am not very good at taking/posting screenshots!

fd1.png

fd2.png

fd3.png

fd1.png

fd2.png

fd3.png

Rob Prest

Did you edit your shader setting using the ones Julian Evans posted?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all

I use the DX10 Scenery fixer as well and have amended to the same settings suggested by BadFinger. However I don't really get any results using the PMDG 777. I does work on the smaller default FSX aircraft.

It there anything anyone can think of that I might need to change in order to get the VC shadow effect in the 777?

Many thanks

Hi all

I use the DX10 Scenery fixer as well and have amended to the same settings suggested by BadFinger. However I don't really get any results using the PMDG 777. I does work on the smaller default FSX aircraft.

It there anything anyone can think of that I might need to change in order to get the VC shadow effect in the 777?

Many thanks

I take it you read the manual and followed the instructions? The shadows are not turned on by default, you have to activate them using DX10Toolbox.exe

@boaz - My settings where already like Julian's, I only needed to adjust contrast

Rob Prest

Thanks for the Screenshots Flex....does it kill your FPS?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the Screenshots Flex....does it kill your FPS?

Zero hit on my system.  On my PC Dx10 actually runs smoother with Bloom & Shadows then stock FSX with Dx9 

Rob Prest