Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

DES/CLB wind shifts

Hi there Stephen, 

i know its been discussed a lot here, but do you think you will be able to totally eliminate wind shifts in the high alt's ? the thing is that if i use the stable GRIB, its now not simulating any close to reality when the winds stays the same till approach. but if i dont use it sooner or later i will be in some severe wind shift. i already have all the smoothing, friendly and automatic option on. do you think it is possible that in the CLB/CRZ/DES stages in the higher alt's to make the winds changes slower and not all of a sudden jump some 90 deegres or/and 30 knots in a second ?

thank you !    

Roi Ben

We don't recommend using Stabilised GRIB Data option unless no other option will work. You should follow recommended practices and enable DWC with FSUIPC4 installed. Then you should monitor your ambient wind and targeted values. DWC should help keep the ambient under control and always very close to the targeted values. The wind shifts are not caused by the LWE, they are due to bugs in the FSX code. The DWC tries to keep things under control that's all. It cannot stop the jump you are reporting since that is caused by FSX and not the LWE. We have not had a single large wind shift on any of our systems at all this year due to DWC. Keep an eye on the wind targets and your ambient wind there shouldn't be any reason why FSX should suddenly jump the wind 90 degrees when no target commanded it. Make sure you do use the Sim Friendly GRIB Data option. If your shifts occur during weather updates with all the above then you may have to wait for OpusFSI which will provide a remote weather injection option. For now best to follow the recommended practices and use the various weather reports and maps to check all is OK.

Make sure you check all the Opus weather reports before flight to ensure you have Sim Friendly GRIB wind targets injected. The Lower and Upper reports will help here and allow you to monitor the wind targets and DWC during the climb to cruise altitude.

Stephen

Thanks for the fast answer as usual !  

i tried everything and if no one is replying that they got same issues i guess iam doing something wrong... 

i just hope that one day all those issues will be gone. 

Roi Ben

You can use the weather map to show you the target cruise level winds along your route, at least you will be able to see that the targets never actually change by large amounts, its the FSX code that generates the jumps. Just make sure you always use the Sim Friendly GRIB option, the Opus DWC with FSUIPC4 installed, and check your Lower and Upper weather reports to ensure you do actually have GRIB data downloaded and decoded. Also never use accelerated time unless FSUIPC4 is installed enabling Opus to slow the sim back down before injecting the weather.

Stephen :-)

Thanks Stephen ! ill make sure im doing that.  btw, do you have any plan do release update regarding the fsxserver getting stuck in mid flight ? 

and the latest beta looks real nice ! 

Roi Ben

You are probably referring to a SimConnect exception and disconnect which occurs within the sim and not within the FSXSERVER program. The only current solution is to restart the FSXSERVER program which then will do a full re initialisation of its SimConnect links, this is the only way at the moment to get the simulator back connected. We have plans to try and recreate this process automatically after detecting a SimConnect failure but its is not done yet. Restarting the FSXSERVER program seems to reload the SimConnect library afresh and that is then able to reconnect to the sim. Up to now this is all outside our control as its the other end that gets messed up and refuses to recover.

Stephen :-)