Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Captains flow! Fs2crew

Hi guys am currently doing the captains flow but came across this not sure what it means - Do The Initial Data And Navigation Data Steps From The CDU Preflight Procedure? I have already done the fmc

Vernon Howells

Hi guys am currently doing the captains flow but came across this not sure what it means - Do The Initial Data And Navigation Data Steps From The CDU Preflight Procedure? I have already done the fmc

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.

Do The Initial Data And Navigation Data Steps From The CDU Preflight Procedure? I have already done the fmc

Basically: fill out all of the boxes you can on the CDU (the box that sends and receives data from the FMS).

I have signed

You don't need to change your sig, but most people assume it'll be at the top of the text.  I think that's why he might've missed it.  As long as it's there, you're good, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks scan always helpfull. Basically your double checking because you do all of that at the start?

Vernon Howells

Basically your double checking because you do all of that at the start?

Why are you doing it all at the start?  Is that part of the FS2Crew flow, or are you just assuming?

Kyle Rodgers

Yeh mate - fs2crew

Captain / Pilot Flying Flows

Pre-Flight

1. Optional: Run the Pre­Flight events by pressing ‘RUN PF’ on the FS2Crew Config Panel. Note: If you run the Pre-Flight events routine, you must load the either the COLD AND DARK, SHORT OR LONG panel states prior to pressing RUN PF. These panel states are available via the PMDG 737's LOAD PANEL STATE MENU.

2. Setup cockpit lighting as required.

3. IRS's to Nav.

4. Perform stall warning test (Note: The stall warning test requires that the AC transfer busses are powered for up to 4 minutes).

5. Parking brake set.

6. CDU Preflight Procedure: Setup Nav Data, Route Page, Performance Data, Takeoff Ref Page.

7. Do not forget to enter the Transition Altitude on the FMC ‘PERF INIT’ page; the FO uses this altitude as the trigger to call “Transition Altitude”.Lights Test (Master Lights Test and DIM).

8. Setup EFIS Control Panel as required.

9. Flight Director Switch on.

10. Oxygen test and set.

11. Clock set.

12. Nose wheel steering switch guard closed.

13. Display select panel set (Main and Lower DU's to Norm).

14. Verify Takeoff Config Light and Cabin Altitude Light extinguished.

15. Disengage Lights Test perform.

16. Do the Initial Data and Navigation Data steps from the CDU Preflight procedure.

17. Flight instruments check (after IRS alignment is complete).

18. Standby horizon check.

19. Gyro caging control - pull, then release

20. Standby altimeter set.

21. Set altimeter.

22. Standby RMI - select either VOR or ADF.

23. Confirm speedbrake is in the down detent.

24. Radio tuning panel set.

25. VHF comm radio set.

26. VHF nav radios set for departure.

Step 6 and 16 ?

Vernon Howells

I can see what the cause of your confusion is. The CDU Preflight Procedure is a procedure that can be done anytime after the Preliminary Preflight Procedure has beeb performed. This means that it can also be performed after the Preflight procedure has been completed.

The reason the initial data and navigation data steps are included in the Preflight procedure is simply that these steps must be performed prior to checking the flight instruments. By including the initial data and navigation steps, you can still move on with the preflight even if the CDU Preflight Procedure hasn't been performed yet.

In your case, the initial data and navigation steps have already been performed so you can simply ignore that item in the Preflight Procedure.

John got ya ;) thanks very much !!!!!

Oh what exactly are those steps.. I kinda know but can you give a break down please

Vernon Howells

I recommend that you look through the Normal Procedures chapter in FCOM volume 1. A detailed description of all the flows can be found there.