Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Radar Contact: Straight In Approaches

I've had another look at those charts and SUNOL is not the ideal waypoint for an approach to 30. You would need to turn left to 260 after passing it to pick up the localiser far enough out to make a decent approach.

Instead you should choose MISON for a straight-in approach. That may involve choosing an alternative STAR.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, I guess I'll change the star or request the iap approach.  Thanks.

Hi bob thanks for the link.  I took a look at it and gave me some more solutions.  Thanks.

Somewhat off topic but, one other problem I've had is on a SID that has a manual part at the beginning and RC4 decides I've missed a fix so it tells me that I'm off course.  Is there a way to sync it up to where I actually am?  E.g. tell it that my next fix is ahead of me?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Do not include the waypoints in the SID in the flightplan you use for RC. The first fix should be where you leave the SID and joins your airway or direct route. Then RC will let you do whatever you want until you reach the first waypoint in your flightplan. If that waypoint is more then 30  miles out from your departure airport you have to tell RC in the Controllers tab when you set it up you are going to follow a DP (altitude or no altitude restrictions).

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Do not include the waypoints in the SID in the flightplan you use for RC. The first fix should be where you leave the SID and joins your airway or direct route. Then RC will let you do whatever you want until you reach the first waypoint in your flightplan. If that waypoint is more then 30  miles out from your departure airport you have to tell RC in the Controllers tab when you set it up you are going to follow a DP (altitude or no altitude restrictions).

Regards

Johnny

Ok...I'll try that.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Somewhat off topic but, one other problem I've had is on a SID that has a manual part at the beginning and RC4 decides I've missed a fix so it tells me that I'm off course.  Is there a way to sync it up to where I actually am?  E.g. tell it that my next fix is ahead of me?

Gregg

You're expected to pass within 1 mile of waypoints inside 30 miles. Those are deemed to form part of a SID. Perhaps you're flying too fast on turns to be able to pass close enough to them.

Can you describe how you're missing them? Flying style perhaps? Once beyond 30 miles you can request a Direct To on menu option 9. But before that you're expected to "fly what you file". :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You're expected to pass within 1 mile of waypoints inside 30 miles. Those are deemed to form part of a SID. Perhaps you're flying too fast on turns to be able to pass close enough to them.

Can you describe how you're missing them? Flying style perhaps? Once beyond 30 miles you can request a Direct To on menu option 9. But before that you're expected to "fly what you file".

That's informative.  I wish I could remember which it was.  It's very possible I wasn't within that tolerance.  I was fairly new to SIDs at that time.  I haven't reloaded RC4 on my new rig but I will give it a try when I get the chance.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Do include parts of a SID outside of 30 nm but none inside if you want vectors but RC should see these as it considers waypoints outside of 30 nm as enroute center. If you place them inside of 30 nm the RC assumes you a flying a published departure right from take-off and you are on your own navigation.

If your SID is runway dependent then just include the points of the SID common to all runways. This allows you to take advantage of RC's dynamic runway assignment based first on ai behavior, then weather, and runway suitability. Be sure you allow ai to settle after weather writing to the FS engine is completed.

If your first waypoint is outside of 30 nm you have three options on the controller page:

No Departure Procedure means you must follow RC vectors to the first waypoint outside of 30 nm.

Altitude Restrictions means you navigate on your own to that point with altitude only commands from RC.

No Altitude Restrictions is the same but RC does not provide altitudes.

If your first waypoint is within 30 nm the option No Departure Procedure is grayed out leaving you with the other two.

If you miss a waypoint select (9) by default in the RC menu and if available select Direct To and from the choices select the next waypoint you can hit. When allowed go from your present position direct to that waypoint. You'll see the RC window update the status. Same with Resume Own Navigation.

Also look up NOTAMS in the RC manual regarding flexibility.

If you are using an FMC/FMS aircraft that contains terminal procedures that you wish to use (SIDs and STARs) then those waypoints must sync with the plan sent to RC. For the plan sent to RC use only common waypoints for runway specific procedures.

Please check this document I wrote in syncing navigation equipment and flight planning for RC:

Please check this document I wrote in syncing navigation equipment and flight planning for RC:

Very usefull!! Thank you for sharing.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller