Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

SP1 Beta Polar Flight (Photos)

Some photos I took today during my OMDB>KDFW flight across the North Pole. Can see some features, fixes SP1 brings in the photos too! My first time ever going across the Pole - was fun! We're still enroute as I post this, tiring...  :lol: Enjoy!

13908113594_c6462b7c3a_h.jpg

13907694765_63441c1a36_h.jpg

13908117194_5301d6862b_h.jpg

13884586762_f1d0cb23f5_h.jpg

13884581531_b721365700_h.jpg

Thanks Luke. Hope to see more. Atleast 1 pic everyday or some text regarding how fixes are solved in sp1. Like tell about 1 problem faced previously and after fixes in sp1 how it is like for example clock in Pfd.

Definitely not about new features as you said earlier like it should come from pmdg.

Cheers man.

Really nice pictures. 

Watch your fuel temperature over there, it is -60C today over ABERI  :rolleyes:

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I was thinking there for awhile that the betas were under a rule not to post pics since I haven't seen new ones in awhile.  Very nice.  I love the new stuff I'm seeing!  I'm not sure if that stuff was always there in our version, or if these are new features, but seeing your photos always reminds me to slow down and read the manual during long hauls (scandi will approve), and enjoy the systems of what you paid for instead of just "doing the flight".  

I'm taking my PPL/CPL and it's funny that by watching how others fly their simulated dream aircraft to fly in the RW you can see just how deep certain pilots on here will go. For instance, you.  You love this type so very much, and in your screenies we get to see you utilizing every single tool at your disposal during a flight, where some might just export route, import, set an alternate (if that) and press TOGA (if that) and call it a day.  You take this bird to the extent of simulation, and I'm pretty sure that's why you're a beta.  FS9/FSX and all the time I've spent (and money) on it over the many years I think actually DOES help with RW PPL/CPL training.  You just need to do it by the book and to the full extent of what the sim will allow every single time though.  You can't half-&@($* it or those crutches will follow you to the RW.  That's what I like about your images.  They're all pretty damn consistent, and all pretty damn realistic.

Mind you, flying the T7 around for hours won't really help you pass your exams (MAYBE it could help with your type rating), but I think you know what I mean.  

What I'm really trying to say though is...GIVE US MORE SCREENIES!!!  Good job! 

If you find any bad weather enroute, could you post some more pics with the radar in action?

Thanks!

James Goggi

Great shots Luke

Thanks for sharing

Atb

Nice pics!!! The latest is quite immersive  ^_^

Which things are new? I can see this grid thing I don't know what is, but why can't you say what to look for?!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Which things are new? I can see this grid thing I don't know what is, but why can't you say what to look for?!

Grid heading is in the RTM. Not new, It shows up after a certain high latitude.

The chronometer is built into the pfd

The heading bug looks different

Wxr is in operation

Circular thing in the top right of the N.D. in the second screenshot.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hi,

Great shots, and some interesting looking new features!

I did a Polar flight last week, crossing N90, and after it passed the waypoint, it proceeded to fly in circles around the north pole until I took over with heading. Has this issue been addressed with Pole transit logic?

Best regards,

Robin.