Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

SP1 Beta Polar Flight (Photos)

Hi,

Great shots, and some interesting looking new features!

I did a Polar flight last week, crossing N90, and after it passed the waypoint, it proceeded to fly in circles around the north pole until I took over with heading. Has this issue been addressed with Pole transit logic?

Best regards,

Robin.

It's kind of a curse with FSX and polar flying. Hate to use this dreaded term... FSX limitation.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Hate to use this dreaded term... FSX limitation.

Hmm - this issue is not an FSX limitation - it is firmly in the realm of the aircraft and how it is programmed.

Best regards,

Robin.

reminds me to slow down and read the manual during long hauls (scandi will approve)

Capture.JPG

(I'm hoping someone gets that reference...)

You can't half-&@($* it or those crutches will follow you to the RW.

It definitely can.  I had a first thought to hit the B key when I was on my PPL long solo XC years back...and then I realized I wasn't in the sim.

Mind you, flying the T7 around for hours won't really help you pass your exams (MAYBE it could help with your type rating), but I think you know what I mean.

If cruise bores you enough to tears such that you start studying, it just might help.

When I was in college, the original PMDG 744 did that for me.  My computer had only about enough juice to run FS9, so running the sim forced me to hit the books instead of messing around online.

Kyle Rodgers

amazing pics.Some questions!!  :lol: 

-How easy is to fly polar routes in fsx?Are there any limitations??

-Does the ASNext cover the polar?

-Does the PFPX have polar routes,flex etc?

If anyone has a tutorial flight for polar routes in fsx send me  B)  :rolleyes:

amazing pics.Some questions!!  :lol: 

-How easy is to fly polar routes in fsx?Are there any limitations??

-Does the ASNext cover the polar?

-Does the PFPX have polar routes,flex etc?

If anyone has a tutorial flight for polar routes in fsx send me  B)  :rolleyes:

1. Don't know about Sp1, but the plane starts to S-turn near the pole in LNAV. You'll have to fly over the pole in heading select. Not the whole polar ice cap, just when you're within 100nm from NPOLE 

2. Yes

3. PFPX  does polar routes just fine. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

1. Don't know about Sp1, but the plane starts to S-turn near the pole in LNAV. You'll have to fly over the pole in heading select. Not the whole polar ice cap, just when you're within 100nm from NPOLE 

2. Yes

3. PFPX  does polar routes just fine. 

Hello David.Thank you very much.So when i am going to fly a polar route, my flight plan should be near the North Pole

like Luke gave us here  ^_^  (3 and 4 image)

How long is the flight time ? And pls release it as easter gift :P

Greaattt!! What is the GRID indication in the top right of the ND??

nice one kylewiki! :smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Nice clock!  :P Thanks for sharing. I would love to see the new MCP if you get a chance  :lol:

New MCP? The digits were made to look more correct but that's it - not really "new" other than that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks a lot everyone!  ^_^

I was thinking there for awhile that the betas were under a rule not to post pics since I haven't seen new ones in awhile.  Very nice.  I love the new stuff I'm seeing!  I'm not sure if that stuff was always there in our version, or if these are new features, but seeing your photos always reminds me to slow down and read the manual during long hauls (scandi will approve), and enjoy the systems of what you paid for instead of just "doing the flight".  

I'm taking my PPL/CPL and it's funny that by watching how others fly their simulated dream aircraft to fly in the RW you can see just how deep certain pilots on here will go. For instance, you.  You love this type so very much, and in your screenies we get to see you utilizing every single tool at your disposal during a flight, where some might just export route, import, set an alternate (if that) and press TOGA (if that) and call it a day.  You take this bird to the extent of simulation, and I'm pretty sure that's why you're a beta.  FS9/FSX and all the time I've spent (and money) on it over the many years I think actually DOES help with RW PPL/CPL training.  You just need to do it by the book and to the full extent of what the sim will allow every single time though.  You can't half-&@($* it or those crutches will follow you to the RW.  That's what I like about your images.  They're all pretty damn consistent, and all pretty damn realistic.

Mind you, flying the T7 around for hours won't really help you pass your exams (MAYBE it could help with your type rating), but I think you know what I mean.  

What I'm really trying to say though is...GIVE US MORE SCREENIES!!!  Good job! 

Thanks a lot for the comment, glad you like them! I always had in mind to fly the 777 as close to how they do in the real world. It was just a realization I had one day about two years ago when I got one of those JustPlanes DVD's! I was once someone that flew freeware and used time acceleration, always, even tried it through controlled airspace online :lol:. I figured since I'm obviously fanatical about the 777 - why not take it to another level and always strive to be better! Just love always learning and I think that's endless in aviation.  

Funny you should mention the exams part too. I'm actually doing distance learning for the next year and a main reason why the ULR worked, was so I could study in between at my desk where my sim is. So I got a lot done even before I hit the North Pole! It works as a good incentive to get up earlier, set up a flight and get more done. Can have to search for motivation some days in home learning!  ^_^ Albeit I was literally beat after landing - 16 hours on the absolute dot, block-to-block!! 

I did a Polar flight last week, crossing N90, and after it passed the waypoint, it proceeded to fly in circles around the north pole until I took over with heading. Has this issue been addressed with Pole transit logic?

Yeah it happened approaching ABERI and about twenty minutes after. Just re-direct to the fix you're going to and it fixes solves it. I think that's a flight sim issue  :(

Nice clock!  Thanks for sharing. I would love to see the new MCP if you get a chance  

The simple, small update to the digits did a lot to it huh? That's what you'll find with SP1. A lot of changes may seem small and subtle - but they have an ironic big effect! Not sure I'd want to fly the RTM build now  :P

13919784163_dcf6598c54_h.jpg